keel ban on heart

simon sprackling
Matt
keel band as bent down any suggestions . could cut back again ?

Re: keel ban on heart

MtB⚓️
Yes I have a full length one that I welded ready but requires alot of work to complete. I have to remove the old, remove all the broken off screws, plane level, dry off, re-coat and seal the keel, then place the new band on.
If you cut off the scrap bit and secure the flap that’s all for now. I’ll take her out of service shortly.

Re: keel ban on heart

simon sprackling
Ok will try to do before weekend .

Re: keel ban on heart

jax sprackling
re Fixed  the  Keel band on heart with a two inch stainless screw and some help from Martin .So should be OK to use again . The section without a protective band is loking quite sorry.
Simon S

Re: keel ban on heart

MtB⚓️
Booked into MtB Shed Monday, I’ll need some people to help me rotate her... names on main page pls.

Re: keel ban on heart

Key rings are ready, I might borrow them back off you some time to buff down the screw weld.

Hope they are treasured!

Re: keel ban on heart

Just finished Heart’s keel band! She’s ready for a splash.
Fully sealed keel timber, 3 pieces of 316 st/steel welded into a continuous length to stop tear out, 66 bronze screws, all facing fwd/aft to go faster...
Thank you, next..

Re: keel ban on heart

robina and chris
Thankyou Matt for all your hard work, she slipped through the water  beautifully today. So pleased that we caught the issue with the rudder rope in the nick of time !

Robina x