😇 Well done, you rowed 18 miles today! 5100 strokes 2300cals 🎺 Bosun’s Rows Sun 23rd June to Dell Quay Sailing Club, wear CLUB KIT pls 🍻

😇 Well done, you rowed 18 miles today! 5100 strokes 2300cals 🎺 Bosun’s Rows Sun 23rd June to Dell Quay Sailing Club, wear CLUB KIT pls 🍻

Towing the juniors

It’s finished! Well done all, 18 miles(land) of the longest possible row in Chichester Harbour, you should all get badges!
Thanks first of all to those who helped out with the preps for the trip, it all adds to the end result, along with the crews’ gutsy application of great rowing techniques and determination.

I loved hearing the commentary on the wild life and countryside as we flicked past it along with the pleasure with seeing you enjoy the time afloat.

Safety first, Paul was a comforting sight, always nearby with the rib, kindly loaned by Colin and Mike G.
The coxes guided us calmly through busy channels full of other craft and trimmed minutes off the trip with corner cutting mud skimming moves!
Good on you Lee and Mark for coming all the way over for this row and Les for supporting us on these interesting jaunts with your social spirit!
A special thanks to Beth and Kev for having a go and proving to yourselves that you can do these rows competently, same goes for all the rowers today for not giving up,

We had a great welcome from the Dell Quay Sailing Club, there’s plenty more opportunities like that all around the Harbour for future trips. We gave them a great taster row with 3 gigs, that was really appreciated by Sue the Commodore!

The ECA crews were great fun to get to know, I hope we build on that friendship for future joint endeavours.

Next up for me is Beaulieu River, we may have a camping night there so we can have more refreshments and not worry about driving home.

Please like and subscribe to my rows in future and tell others if it was fun....don’t mention the sore butts and blisters tho.

MtB

Seats to arrange on the day and we’ll swap around non coxes at Dell Quay for return.

Please meet on Sunday AM at Northney before 11.30 but come before to help if you can.
Adults: £2 pin and £2 petrol money for RIB pls
Bring money to buy food at DQSC and a drink at the bar

Gig: Star
Oars:Ladies(Yellow)
Cox ½ way ,Paula, Aileen
Jem, Molly, Beth, Megan, Heidi

Gig: Spirit
Oars: PB or White Spirit's
Cox ½ way Robina, Chris B
Emma, Sheila, Bev, Kimmy(can rotate or rib), Rachel

Gig: Islander
Oars: Heart or PB
Cox ½ way Mark BJ, Brian
Patrick, Les, Lee, Kev D, Simon H,

Gig: Laura Jane ECA
Oars: LJ
Cox ½ way Steve W, Mike G
Mandy N, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx

Rib, Paul B, MtB(can help out rowing), Kath(can go pax on a gig)
Important info:

Pls add to your post (edit post) your food preference if you don’t want to take a packed lunch. I’ve only heard from Kath and Brian so have ordered 14 soups for SOME of us.
The Dell Quay Sailing Club can also serve us Paninis, Chicken Burgers in a bun, soup, and lovely cakes.  Please advise if any are gluten or dairy free or veggie.

** Room for more....don’t be shy ☺️
*** Please sign up below for this row so I can start organising the logistics....I had pledges made over the weekend but they need to be firmed up below ⬇️

I’ll put together a full list on Tuesday:

1. Chris
2. Robina
3. MtB SOUP
4. Emma SOUP
5. Jem SOUP
6. Heidi SOUP
7. Mark B
8. Sheila
9. Jane
10. Paula
11. Molly
12. Kimmy
13. Beth (Junior)
14. SPACE
15. Bev
16. Rachel
17. Les
18. Simon Hughes
19. Brian SOUP
Kath (pax) SOUP
Paul Blick RIB
20. Kev D
21. Aileen
22. Patrick
23. Megan

Additional names to add:
ECA Ladies
Possibles:
Jack
Amy(we can give a lift)
Lee Naughty Farquar
Michelle

After the Langstone Regatta has been and gone, we have the opportunity to row to the furthest creek in Chichester Harbour for a bite to eat, pint or glass of wine, plus some fresh new sights and experiences!

It will be a good row to get there so you can do one way if you wish and I’ll arrange transportation home by road, you can meet us there and row home or if you’re serious you can row both ways.

We will have some soup and snacks to buy at the DQSC, alternatively you can have sandwiches on the quay.

We’ll be departing Hayling Sunday 23rd around midday and back before 6 if doing the double row.

I can take some passengers and I have a safety boat cover also.

There are 20 soups available, please sign up early so I can sort logistics, it’s a rain or shine event so no fair weather rowers pls...

State your preference

A: Both ways
B: Outbound Hayling to Dell Quay
C: Inbound Dell Quay to Hayling

Paula is willing to run a junior gig one way so I can fill that on the return leg also.

Join in!

Re: 🎺 Bosun’s Rows Sun 23rd June to Dell Quay, (Crown and Anchor) 🍻

Clair Fennessy
This post was updated on .
Yes please. Plus Martina as pax if that’s ok with you Matt. Much appreciated. Of course row out and back!
Clair

Re: 🎺 Bosun’s Rows Sun 23rd June to Dell Quay, (Crown and Anchor) 🍻

Paula Bray
Yes please both for Paula and Molly - perehaps I could cox one way and row back.P

Re: 🎺 Bosun’s Rows Sun 23rd June to Dell Quay, (Crown and Anchor) 🍻

Yes please for both of us, both ways.

Row/cox

Robina

2 Sooops please -   will Mrs. Overall be there ?

Re: 🎺 Bosun’s Rows Sun 23rd June to Dell Quay, (Crown and Anchor) 🍻

Kimberley
Yes please Matt both ways though am happy to cox and rotate if needs be or row one way and cox the other x

Re: 🎺 Bosun’s Rows Sun 23rd June to Dell Quay, (Crown and Anchor) 🍻

Paul Jones
Hi Matt
Yes please for Billie and me.
Both ways please, but if over subscribed then just the outward row.
Thanks Matt.

Re: 🎺 Bosun’s Rows Sun 23rd June to Dell Quay, (Crown and Anchor) 🍻

Sheila Tidd
Yes please. Sounds like fun.

Re: 🎺 Bosun’s Rows Sun 23rd June to Dell Quay, (Crown and Anchor) 🍻

Sheila Tidd
Both ways please
Sheila
If it's not too late I would like a soup for lunch.
Thanks.

Re: 🎺 Bosun’s Rows Sun 23rd June to Dell Quay, (Crown and Anchor) 🍻

Jane Cox
Yes please Matt, both ways

But if you get over subscribed, happy to share with someone & do one way if lift there/back can be sorted out

Re: 🎺 Bosun’s Rows Sun 23rd June to Dell Quay, (Crown and Anchor) 🍻

BevW
Yes please Matt. Same for me... both ways please if space permits. Thanks for organising.

Re: 🎺 Bosun’s Rows Sun 23rd June to Dell Quay, (Crown and Anchor) 🍻

Paula Bray
Hi Matt - Paul would be happy to man a rescue boat but would need to be provided with one.  P x

Re: 🎺 Bosun’s Rows Sun 23rd June to Dell Quay, (Crown and Anchor) 🍻

MtB⚓️
That’s kind of Paul, I’m working on it...

Re: 🎺 Bosun’s Rows Sun 23rd June to Dell Quay, (Crown and Anchor) 🍻

MtB⚓️
Ok folks,

I’ve just had an invite from the Dell Quay Sailing Club Commodore Sue, she has invited us to spend some time at their club on the quay and we can buy snacks and have a drink there.
I’ve promised that we could take some of their members out for a row while we are up the creek.

On the way back we can cut across the mud at Thorney and reduce the return time.

It’s turning into another fun little trip.

Re: 🎺 Bosun’s Rows Sun 23rd June to Dell Quay Sailing Club 🍻

Rachel Norris
Yes please Matt

Re: 🎺 Bosun’s Rows Sun 23rd June to Dell Quay Sailing Club 🍻

Updated header

Re: 🎺 Bosun’s Rows Sun 23rd June to Dell Quay Sailing Club 🍻

Brian
Kath and myself happy to come along, Kath PAX me as whatever,

Re: Last Chance sign ups 🎺 Bosun’s Rows Sun 23rd June to Dell Quay Sailing Club 🍻

Simon Hughes
Hi Matt, Just to confirm, I am okay for this but Kathryn cannot make it. Simon

Re: Last Chance sign ups 🎺 Bosun’s Rows Sun 23rd June to Dell Quay Sailing Club 🍻

les goodall
This post was updated on .
OK then I’ll come.there and back if needed or you can leave me there and I’ll cry.
 .... 🌊🚣🌊.... Les
One chicken burger 🍔 please.

Re: Last Chance sign ups 🎺 Bosun’s Rows Sun 23rd June to Dell Quay Sailing Club 🍻

Kev Durrell
Hi am I to late to be included  can row both ways

Re: Last Chance sign ups 🎺 Bosun’s Rows Sun 23rd June to Dell Quay Sailing Club 🍻

Patrick W
HI Matt
            I thought I had put our names down can you count me and Megan in as well. Ange can’t do it due to family visiting

Regards Patrick

PS haven’t had a reply from the pub yet will chase them up!!!
12