WHO WOULD LIKE TO START A GIG CLUB "100 CLUB" - 100 views !

WHO WOULD LIKE TO START A GIG CLUB "100 CLUB" - 100 views !

Hi Giggers

We are always in need of club funds to make sure we can accommodate all our rowers with oars, cushions, pins, maintenance of the gigs and a host of other things so that we can all enjoy our wonderful club. These things are not cheap and we are always looking for ways to get money into the club.

The club used to run a "100 CLUB" which was an easy way to boost club funds whilst also offering members the chance to win extra pennies each month. We would really like to get this going again and wondered if any of our members would like to start it and run it?

A 100 Club is a form of private lottery with a pre-set amount of numbered lottery tickets, could be 50, 100 or 150 depending on interest from members.  Each month, members would pay a fixed subscription for their number and each numbered ticket is entered into a monthly draw. The prize is a percentage of the profits, with the rest going to club funds.

Given the nature of a 100 Club, this can easily be set up and run by a member with the monthly draw being conducted at  a weekend rowing session and payments arranged by the club treasurer.

As I understand it a Private Society Lottery with no advertising and a strict set of rules would not need a licence, and so we could get started with this as soon as possible.

Anyone who would like to get involved but perhaps does not want to go on a committee at this stage please let me know if this is something you would like to take control of. The committee members are already pushed to their limits and we really need new members to take a leap of faith and join us in the running of the club. If this is something you have thought of and want to take the first step this would be ideal.  There is lots of information with downloadable forms, rules and ideas on the internet to help.

Give me a shout if you fancy having a go!

Jackie
jackietutt@outlook.com
07977 162646

Re: WHO WOULD LIKE TO START A GIG CLUB "100 CLUB"

Re: WHO WOULD LIKE TO START A GIG CLUB "100 CLUB"

Re: WHO WOULD LIKE TO START A GIG CLUB "100 CLUB"

…..

Re: WHO WOULD LIKE TO START A GIG CLUB "100 CLUB" - 100 views !

Ali Copeland
Jackie, this sounds like a great idea
Ali Copeland