VOGALONGA 2020 (long row around Venice ) 2 spaces left

VOGALONGA 2020 (long row around Venice ) 2 spaces left

sharon
This post was updated on .
Dear all
 I’m pleased to announce the Venice Vogalonga 2020 trip.

This will be be on a first come first served basis  as places are limited to 16 people including the coxes.
There are two options :

Depart Thursday 28/5 return 2/6 via car and ferry as part of the towing team.

Or

Depart Friday 29/6 return 1/6 via plane. With this option you can of course choose different dates to fly if you wish to make a longer holiday of it.

Price : £200

Includes, car ferry, petrol, tolls ( very expensive ) extra insurances for towing and breakdown cover, boat hire from the club and overnight accommodation for the drivers both ways. Plus entry to the event itself.

Extras:
Over night accommodation if going in the cars.
Flights
Accommodation in Venice
Group meal on the Saturday night ( optional ) but great fun and exceptional value ( Nikki )
Posh water taxi in Venice , who wouldn’t want to arrive in style.(Nikki)
Rowing vest ( optional ) (jane)
Personal travel insurance

Please note that the entry cost includes a medal, certificate and T-shirt on completion.

We will row on the Saturday and go exploring ( in my boat this will be cox and rotate )
The actual event is in the Sunday when they close the grand canal to water taxis etc. This event takes about 3-4 hours, it’s not a race but a procession with approx 7500 rowers in 2500 boats of all descriptions but must be human powered.
Having done the event before I can only advise at what a privilege it is to do it and of it’s beauty.

Drivers - Mark Brownjohn and Mark ( Clare Gibbs wonderful partner)

Boat 1
Cox - Sharon
6- Nikki
5 - jane
4 - kimmy
3- Bev
2- michelle
1-Jax
Pax ( rotation and navigation )

Boat 2
Cox - Mark Brownjohn
6 - Clare
5 - Emma
4- Anita Preston
3-Tina
2- caron
1-
Pax and rotation and navigation

Please note ALL crew will rotate in and out and will be required to assist the cox with navigation as elements of the row can be tricky :) ( jane can advise on hand signals )

I require a NON REFUNDABLE deposit of £100 to secure your place to s hunt 04 00 04 a/c 51771173

Please ask any questions and if you are able to co pilot (drive ) please advise

Thank you

Sharon

Re: VOGALONGA 2020 (long row around Venice

Jane Cox
Sharon, a yes for me and Kimberley please

Re: VOGALONGA 2020 (long row around Venice

Nikki H-S
I’ll be flying please.  Will book water taxi and restaurant when we have numbers.  🚤 🍝 🚣‍♂️

Re: VOGALONGA 2020 (long row around Venice

jax sprackling
yes please from Jax

Re: VOGALONGA 2020 (long row around Venice

BevW
Yes please for me
Thanks x

Re: VOGALONGA 2020 (long row around Venice

michelle jones
Yes please depart 29/5 return 1/6 😀

Re: VOGALONGA 2020 (long row around Venice

Great idea ..... sounds like a fabulous trip.
Sadly we are at a family wedding that weekend, so unable to join you.
I suspect it will be fun ?!?!
M x

Re: VOGALONGA 2020 (long row around Venice

Emma Walton
Yes please for me . Flying there and back xx

Re: VOGALONGA 2020 (long row around Venice

anitapreston
yesss please, if there is still space.  When do you want the deposit?

Re: VOGALONGA 2020 (long row around Venice updated please note these aren’t the actual crews,

Tina Way
If still space, yes please.
Flying.

Thanks
Tina

Re: VOGALONGA 2020 (long row around Venice updated please note these aren’t the actual crews,

sharon
Yay Tina Message me on WhatsApp 07941188743 and I can add you to ghe group

Sent from my iPhone

On 16 Feb 2020, at 15:52, Tina Way [via Langstone Pilot Gig Club] <[hidden email]> wrote:

 If still space, yes please.

Thanks
Tina

To unsubscribe from VOGALONGA 2020 (long row around Venice updated please note these aren’t the actual crews,, click here.

Re: VOGALONGA 2020 (long row around Venice updated please note these aren’t the actual crews,

Caron
Yes please if there’s room?

Re: VOGALONGA 2020 (long row around Venice ) 2 spaces left

SarahH
Hi Sharon
I would be very interested. Bit of a cheek but any chance you can give me 48 hours.  Trying to convince Andy to get on a ferry/ arrange flights.
Sarah

Think I'm too late.  I have sent an email - I cant commit until my latest results are back next week.  Happy to go on reserve list if Doc gives the OK.
Sarah xx

Re: VOGALONGA 2020 (long row around Venice ) 2 spaces left

sharon
Dear Sarah and Sarah
I’m very happy to hold these 2 spaces for you both, so just keep me updated.
Thank you
Sharon

Sent from my iPhone

http://langstone-pilot-gig-club.46974.x6.nabble.com/VOGALONGA-2020-long-row-around-Venice-2-spaces-left-tp60890p61007.html
To unsubscribe from VOGALONGA 2020 (long row around Venice ) 2 spaces left, click here.

Re: VOGALONGA 2020 (long row around Venice ) 2 spaces left

SarahH
Hi Sharon - regrettably with work and flights I cannot make this work. So I will have to miss out - disappointed ☹️ Sorry 😝 xx