Urn up for grabs if it can be fixed

Hi all
I am not sure if this is going to help or hinder, but the RNLI have bought a new urn to replace one that has a small dripping leak in the tap area.  I suspect it may only need a rubber seal replaced, however it has also stopped working which may mean a new element.... I really am not sure, but it is up for grabs if we think we can fix it.

Otherwise I will take it to the tip - anyone up for a challenge and saving the club £50/60 if we bought a new one.  Let me know.

I appreciate that there are a lot more urgent job that are rowing related, so no problem if it is a hassle we can do without.

Nx

Re: Urn up for grabs if it can be fixed

MtB⚓️
I’ll take it and look to see what’s required, maybe a good rub and the Genie will help me!
Can u drop it into Al’s garage when u are next there Nat?
Thanks MtB

Re: Urn up for grabs if it can be fixed

Ivor
I  can have a look at this Matt if you having already done so.
Ivor

Re: Urn up for grabs if it can be fixed

MtB⚓️
Thanks Ivor, it hasn’t arrived at the garage yet...

Re: Urn up for grabs if it can be fixed

Hi Nat
Did we progress this yet? I’ve not seen it.
Matt

Re: Urn up for grabs if it can be fixed

Fixed it! Scale on the valve washer, thermostat tripped also.
Em will bring it to the club.

Re: Urn up for grabs if it can be fixed

Natalie
Ah Matt that is great thank you so much.  I will look at it this evening and get some descaler.

Apologies too as I have only just seen the posts above - I am a tad swamped, so not been keeping an eye on forum.

Re: Urn up for grabs if it can be fixed

Natalie
The urn now looks as good as new - descaled and ready for action.  Thanks Matt.
That saved us £50 - take note Bev