⚠️ Updated C Shel Project progress today 📣

⚠️ Updated C Shel Project progress today 📣

Keel band taking shape:

I welded C Shel’s keel band into one very long continuous piece today!
Her brand new 316 Stainless Steel keel band was MIG welded with special 316 wire and argon shield(if any nerds want to know)..

Next step is to mark her for the fixings at MRSC then drill and countersink all 40 odd holes in the super tough stainless.

Heart of Hayling had the same treatment but hers is 304 S/S so we are experimenting with the new version.

Things are moving forward.

Re: ⚠️ C Shel Project progress today 📣

Andrew Berry
Well done Matt, I bet the welding was a laugh a minute

Re: ⚠️ C Shel Project progress today 📣

Jane Cox
👍

Re: ⚠️ C Shel Project progress today 📣

BevW
I have no idea what most of that means, but Thank You Matt

Re: ⚠️ C Shel Project progress today 📣

Well done Matt, Let me know if you need a hand I can weld if needed .
Jez

Re: ⚠️ C Shel Project progress today 📣

Jez
thank you matt for making most of what can be done in the lockdown
Jez

Re: ⚠️ C Shel Project progress today 📣

Someone stuck her nose out into the sun today!
C Shel has emerged from the MRSC Black shed this evening, she’s one step closer to splash now, a bit more work is required but she’s close to the Bosun for final jobs!

Extracting her from the shed was not easy in Covid time, I made use of all the Spracklings and we managed to rotate her and get her hitched up just the five of us, thanks guys.

She’ll be ready for rowing this summer as and when, even if it’s just for the GRR.

Re: ⚠️ C Shel Project progress today 📣

Andrew Berry
Progress indeed

Re: ⚠️ C Shel Project progress today 📣

Simon Hughes
Well done Matt & Sprackings

Re: ⚠️ C Shel Project progress today 📣

Thank you Matt and the Sprackling family she is looking great .

Re: ⚠️ Updated C Shel Project progress today 📣

Colin McPhee
Looks the business

Let us know when we can help

Best Wishes