Trailer rollers

StuartJ
I noticed at Swanage that the main rear roller on both of the trailers we took wasn't turning freely, making it difficult to slide the boats on and off the trailers. Is this something the GG's can look at?

Cheers,
Stuart

Re: Trailer rollers

MtB⚓️
Hi Stu, thanks for the observation, I'll ask one of the lads to have a look at the weekend.

Re: Trailer rollers

Martin can you take a look at this when you get back from your trip? Can anyone else assist or carry out this fix?

Re: Trailer rollers

Andrew Berry
The big problem with the rear roller is people retrieving the boat from the main slip and  dunking the bow of the the gig a few times and then ramming the gig stem up onto the roller with great force. Over time this bends the roller spindle or the support brackets or both. I've posted before asking people to use a gentle take the weight off the bows and controlled pull method.

Re: Trailer rollers

Martin Evans
I can have a look on Saturday when the gigs are off their trailers.

Martin

Re: Trailer rollers

Thank you Martini

Re: Trailer rollers

Martin Evans
All done.

Re: Trailer rollers

Thanks Martin

Re: Trailer rollers

Martin you're the Star of Langstone!
Thank you

Re: Trailer rollers

Adam
Administrator
If only there was a LIKE button for your comments Matt!

Well done Martin
Club Chairman

Re: Trailer rollers

Many thanks Martin !

Re: Trailer rollers

Adam I'm sure that could have been arranged, alas not yet.