Tossing yer oar

Andrew & Debbie B
After my attempt to do this yesterday on the turn, this video shows how it should be done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUnqCy9NOPU&feature=g-list&list=PLWrvTN6vVPAKyLUesqU-I19rKK6r8orPg

I notice the no1 thwart has a full width cushion - as you have to slide across from one gunwhale to the other. SoLangstone does not have a full width cushion, and you end up sittig on the thwart itself.

Don't forget to fit thole pins both sides of the bow.

Listen to the cox !! I'm worried she will give Errol some new ideas.

Re: Tossing yer oar

Brian
Hi Andrew, just watched the Video, we have a spare cushion we will try it again when out with you on sunday.
Thanks for finding the site,
Brian

On Mar 17, 2013, at 7:23 PM, "Andrew & Debbie B [via Langstone Cutters Gig Club]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

After my attempt to do this yesterday on the turn, this video shows how it should be done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUnqCy9NOPU&feature=g-list&list=PLWrvTN6vVPAKyLUesqU-I19rKK6r8orPg

I notice the no1 thwart has a full width cushion - as you have to slide across from one gunwhale to the other. SoLangstone does not have a full width cushion, and you end up sittig on the thwart itself.

Don't forget to fit thole pins both sides of the bow.

Listen to the cox !! I'm worried she will give Errol some new ideas.

http://langstone-cutters-gig-club.46974.n6.nabble.com/Tossing-yer-oar-tp147.html

Re: Tossing yer oar

Andrew & Debbie B
See how the no1 manages to do it without missing a stroke and he keeps in time as well.....thats the challenging bit....have to be nifty.