Thansk from RHRR particpants

Mike Gilbert
As well as lots of verbal praise for our organisations and fun, these came through the emails:

1) Dear Mike

I write on behalf of the RBBC crew to congratulate you and your team on the organisation of today’s Round Hayling Island Race. Everything about it was well thought out with safety at the forefront without interfering with the enjoyment of the event.

The start was so well organised with everyone knowing exactly where they needed to be at any time. The safety boats provided care and support throughout the race, giving us confidence even as a novice crew in challenging conditions. People were so helpful and generous when it came to getting our boat out of the water and onto a trailer. The results were announced quickly and with great humour and empathy for those of us who were towards the end of the fleet, but nevertheless felt a sense of achievement just completing the race! A great free t shirt. And all for the very fair price of £12 per rower.

Many thanks Mike for all your hard work. We would love to see you in Richmond whenever you find yourself up there, and we would welcome being included in any further events you and your team organise. Richmond Bridge Boat Club

2) Mike can you pass on our thanks to the hosts for the whole weekend, we have a great time only thing that could have improved it was the weather as usual, and (also thanks to) Perry and his lovely shiny new road trailer. ECA Rowing Section

3) Mike, as we said, great organisation and many thanks for the invite to the weekend. The crew enjoyed it lots and we are all eager to return soon. It didn’t matter that the course was shortened. It was just great to be rowing somewhere other than the Thames for a change.  Regards Mark (Thames Waterman Cutter).

So good to see everyone from Langstone Clubs and LAR mucking in to make a great weekend, despite the weather.

Fab everyone...

Re: Thansk from RHRR particpants

Mike Gilbert
...and

Hi Mike
The DFL,s from Kingston Grammar Vets thank you for your help and please pass on our thanks to all involved in what was a very well run and hugely enjoyable event.
4 to 6 foot waves are quite frightening to us river users !!!
Thanks again Scalavagar crew KGS vets

4 to 6 foot waves are quite frightening to us river users !!!
Thanks again Scalavagar crew KGS vets

Re: Thansk from RHRR particpants

Mike Gilbert
Also please note this from Lyn at Hamble Scouts...

"Good evening Mike

Hamble Sea Scouts had a fantastic day on Sunday.

We love coming down to Langstone and always enjoy the great hospitality and friendliness of your club and are always made to feel very welcome, please pass our thanks onto everyone involved in staging the event, i particularly enjoyed the homemade cakes.

Are there any photos of Sunday's racing that we can have access to?

Hopefully see you at the Great River Race in September. Lyn Dodds..."