Testing the Course - Urgent call for Sunday Evening rowing test

Testing the Course - Urgent call for Sunday Evening rowing test

Mike Gilbert
For many reasons we were unable to test our course for the Regatta this weekend... but Chris has prepared the buoys and we have tried out  with one boat...

But it is very important we establish how easy (or impossible) it is to race around the Saltings Course with 2 or more boats side by side...

This is a call for a serious effort on behalf of all giggers and any Cutters you know to free up some time on a precious Sunday evening at 16.00pm (HW 17.36) in to to fill as many Gigs as we can to test the course.

If we have enough we will use both Gigs and the Adventure Gigs to get all 4 boats racing...

So please let me know if you can make it... we should be finished at 18.00 and I will provide some refreshments at Unit 3 thereafter..

Re: Testing the Course - Urgent call for Sunday Evening rowing test

Andrew & Debbie B
Hi Mike,
Andrew here.
Apolgies I am away sailing all w/end.
Debbie is available and will be there at 1600.

Re: Testing the Course - Urgent call for Sunday Evening rowing test

I shall be there, Chris will get there as soon after 4 as possible.

Re: Testing the Course - Urgent call for Sunday Evening rowing test

pwest88
 I'm up for, see you then guys

Re: Testing the Course - Urgent call for Sunday Evening rowing test

Shelley
Sorry, I'll be away (in the SCILLIES!!) so cannot help.

Shel x

Re: Testing the Course - Urgent call for Sunday Evening rowing test

Theresa Bleijenberg
Hi Mike

Please put Allard and myself as well for the course testing - he won't row in the morning as he'll be cleaning and shovelling!

Thanks

Tess

Re: Testing the Course - Urgent call for Sunday Evening rowing test

Hi Mike I should be able to help!

Re: Testing the Course - Urgent call for Sunday Evening rowing test

Jonathan Rowlands
Hi Mike
Count me in
Cheers
Jonathan

Re: Testing the Course - Urgent call for Sunday Evening rowing test

Katherine West
HI Mike

I will be able to go

See you then :-)

Re: Testing the Course - Urgent call for Sunday Evening rowing test

Hi Mike
If you are stuck for people after responses - contact me as I may be able to help, but will need to arrange cover as I am on duty this weekend.

Re: Testing the Course - Urgent call for Sunday Evening rowing test

Mike Gilbert
OOK so far for a 4.00 look at the course we have me, Brian, Jonathon, Natalie, Tess, Paula, Allard, Paul W, Chris, Robina and Katherine.  So enough for 2 boats if we go 5 in each as this is an expercise to 'fit' the boats around the course, we can go ahaed.

Paul Bennett is bringing his Bembridge GRR crew across at the same time. Ian, Damian, Paul, Errol and Colin So we should have 3 boats at least...

See you around 4pm on the north slip..

Re: Testing the Course - Urgent call for Sunday Evening rowing test

Mike Gilbert
Thanks to all who turned up to help test the course yesterday. With the aid of 3 Galleys and 2 Gigs we could see that, around the time and tide we will be racing, there is plenty of room for 5 Gigs to race the course we have planned for the Sunday Regatta. The 5 being 2 x Cutters; 1 x Swanage; 1 x Portland; 1 x Weymouth...

The buoys were set out and seemed to work as well. Just got to figure out how to get them to stand upright.

All in all a good exercise....

Re: Testing the Course - Urgent call for Sunday Evening rowing test

Ah I have just seen this message and see you were counting me in but, you never contacted me to say you  were stuck and I never arranged cover and therefore did not turn up.  Apologies if that messed up your numbers but truly I was unaware.
Nx