Support winder handle for Star has come out

Support winder handle for Star has come out

TimP
Hi

Whilst prepping Star for the weekend one of the handles on the trailer that secures the supports either side has come out and despite best efforts could not be screwed back in. The boat is on the trailer and the winder is placed on the support. I am about tomorrow and can show someone the problem.

Tim

Re: Support winder handle for Star has come out

MtB⚓️
I'll fix it tomorrow Tim, not sure what time in morning but I'll figure out what's gone wrong.
Matt

Re: Support winder handle for Star has come out

Paula Bray
Thank you Matt - a bit of a close call given the need to tow her on Saturday.

Re: Support winder handle for Star has come out

Andrew Berry
There might me a spare one in the box of trailer bits in the container, if not a jubilee clip is a temporary solution to stop it dragging on the road......need to have a lefty loosy righty tighty traing session because once they have been forced out they do deem difficult/impossible to put back in....

Re: Support winder handle for Star has come out

MtB⚓️
Fixed, retapped and ran die up bolt.

Yes you are correct Andrew; I am balding off all the ends of the bolts as I go around so the thread doesn't get mashed as it squeezes the reaction plate. That way if someone winds it all the way out it will still have a good thread to go back in on.
One at a time...

Re: Support winder handle for Star has come out

Thankyou very much Guys !

Re: Support winder handle for Star has come out

Thanks GG - excellent stuff. This is just what we need, fault located - sorted in a day!
We will have things mended before they even break soon.
Jackie x

Re: Support winder handle for Star has come out

Thank you so much for the fast fix here Matt.  Much appreciated.

Re: Support winder handle for Star has come out

Greg Tutt
Thanks Matt.
I also meant to see you on Saturday to say thank you for attending to the emergency brake wire on SoLs trailer so quickly. When towing, we rely heavily on things like this working and being maintained, so thank you so much.
Regards
Greg

Re: Support winder handle for Star has come out

No worries Nat and Greg, it's really satisfying supporting the crews even in these very indirect ways!