Star is taking in water (a lot)

TimP
Hi Matt et al

We went out in Star for no more than 45 minutes this morning and she took in water to virtually the boards. The water was clearly coming in from any board that was in contact with the water. The thwarts for 5, 4, 3 were also warped or bent upwards and the supports loose.

We left the bung in to leave salt water in the boat whilst covered at the end and it appeared that the water was dribbling out between the boards.

We did notice that there was a considerable amount of water after our regatta and Aisling did some remedial work at the front end. This time there was a lot more coming in all along the planks.

The boat is covered with the remaining salt water still in as the bung has not been removed.

The bung and whole of the bottom of the boat is very sandy.

It may be prudent to speak to Mike about borrowing Laura Jane for Thursday evening?

Kind regards

Tim

Re: Star is taking in water (a lot)

MtB⚓️
“Is the bung in? Lol”
You did all the right things Tim, I’m down there today, I’ll take a look.
I imagine it’s the heat. The best thing she can do is be on the water, especially at night.... double pump as I have pax on night row.

Re: Star is taking in water (a lot)

TimP
Hi

Might just want to ensure no life jackets on floor especially if activated by contact with water and bags to keep dry stuff dry!

I suspect that team are using Islander as easy to get in and out during the week so other boats not getting water time.

Re: Star is taking in water (a lot)

Star went out again last night for the moonlight row, she seeped a bit, as described.
All the wooden gigs need to be on the water in this heat, I left the covers off to stop the sweaty sauna effect prior to Saturday’s rowing.
We’ll put the covers back on when they come in on Sat Pm.
I noticed gaps on Spirit’s planking too, Heart seems in good health tho.
Can we make sure everything gets damped down after a row with liberal sloshing of Seawater internally.