Spirits oars sorted😎

TimP
This post was updated on .
Hi

Last night it was noted that the leathers on Spirits oars (Double Black) were incorrectly aligned causing unnecessary rub on the lacing and the oars to rotate in the hands. I think that the leathers themselves have some life left in them.

As I understand it the lacing should sit on the top of the oar when in use rather than to one side or the other. The other easier issue is that the numbering seems to have worn off so it was a bit random as which oar was which.

Cheers

Tim

Re: Spirits oars

MtB⚓️
Numbers ordered, I'll install when they arrive or pass them on. The leathers, I don't want to step on Errol's toes on this, can you approach him on this Tim?

Re: Spirits oars

Hallelujah thank you VERY much Tim.
I have been saying this since the Scillies training in Acorn and noticed it on other oars since.
So glad I am not alone now!
Happy to help fix and my oar alignment may be rectified now... who says a man blames his tools ;-)

Thank you.

Re: Spirits oars

Errolg
Hi Tim,

It sounds like the leather has in the wrong position from setup or it has moved over time. I will take a look to identify the ones that need adjustment and look to do so at the earliest opportunity.

@ Hi Matt, I think we could probably do with a catch up on how these things are set up so that we have more availability of capable GG's who can be employed to assist in the dark arts of fitting leathers!

Regards the numbers, Andrew has had a set of stick on transfers for some time and was meant to be bringing them in at some point. I know that he is away at the moment so if you do have them on order then all the better.

Cheers,

Re: Spirits oars

Errol, that sounds good, we'll arrange a workshop, I'll get 2 gals and two boys plus me and transfer the knowledge.
Anyone want a new skill in leather goods?... names below

Re: Spirits oars

TimP
I feel that I might actually be able to learn this so yes please

Re: Spirits oars

Hi I am game, but I need advance warning to sort out time but definitely keen.

thank you.

Re: Spirits oars - to be sorted Sunday morning

TimP
Hi

This Sunday at 0930 Errol, Tim, Kieran, Paul and Adam will be sorting out the leathers on Spirits oars.

Cheers

Tim

Re: Spirits oars - to be sorted Sunday morning

Paula Bray
Hi - two sets of numbers purloined from Suttons at the weekend we can use and some black electric tape as need to retape the ladies oars at the weekend - anyone got any any yellow? Also please don't yet use them for rowing yet as 6 & 4 need to be tallowed considerably with a good soaking as well as most oars need retaping - will try and tallow tomorrow evening but please give space until the weekend! P

Re: Spirits oars - to be sorted Sunday morning

Errolg
Hi Paula,
Well done on your purloining!

We repositioned the leathers on all the bow SoLs oars on Sunday and temporarily wrote the numbers on so it would be good to have fully identifiable again! That are now black with blue tape.
Men's A predominantly use the men's oars to be honest and the B's use the ladies so I will let them know.
Cheers

From: Paula Bray [via Langstone Cutters Gig Club] <ml+[hidden email]>
Date: 1 August 2017 at 22:05:02 BST
To: Grant, Errol <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Spirits oars - to be sorted Sunday morning

Hi - two sets of numbers purloined from Suttons at the weekend we can use and some black electric tape as need to retape the ladies oars at the weekend - anyone got any any yellow? Also please don't yet use them for rowing yet as 6 & 4 need to be tallowed considerably with a good soaking as well as most oars need retaping - will try and tallow tomorrow evening but please give space until the weekend! P

http://langstone-cutters-gig-club.46974.x6.nabble.com/Spirits-oars-sorted-tp36048p36295.html
To unsubscribe from Spirits oars sorted��, click here.

COMPUTACENTER PLC is registered in England and Wales with the registered number 03110569. Its registered office is at Hatfield Business Park, Hatfield Avenue, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 9TW
COMPUTACENTER (UK) Limited is registered in England and Wales with the registered number 01584718. Its registered office is at Hatfield Business Park, Hatfield Avenue, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 9TW
COMPUTACENTER (Mid-Market) Limited is registered in England and Wales with the registered number 3434654. Its registered office is at Hatfield Business Park, Hatfield Avenue, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 9TW
COMPUTACENTER (FMS) Limited is registered in England and Wales with the registered number 3798091. Its registered office is at Hatfield Business Park, Hatfield Avenue, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 9TW

The contents of this email are intended for the named addressee only.
It contains information which may be confidential and which may also be privileged.
Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive mail for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else.
If you receive it in error please notify us immediately and then destroy it.
Computacenter information is available from:
http://www.computacenter.com

Re: Spirits oars sorted😎

I have a few sheets of numbers also too! I'm trying to think what else we can use them for? Maybe C team Coxes can put them on their foreheads to remind us of the race start routine?
I'd like to make a poster at the oar rack too, for newbies (and others)to understand the order of racking.

Re: Spirits oars sorted😎

Poster sounds a great idea Matt, that would really help remind us all where to put the oars and which way round too.