Spirit (white) oars

Clair Fennessy
The white oars have been used for a few endurance events and I think there are a couple of issues with the whole set. They are not sitting between the pins properly and all those who have used them have incurred some really nasty blisters which they would not normally get from any other set. I would be very grateful if they could have a bit of a service and test when possible.

Many thanks

Clair

Re: Spirit (white) oars

MtB⚓️
Hi C
Yes we’ll take a look, when you say not sitting nice between the pins do you mean the leathers are not set right?
I’ll organise a rub party to address the blisters.

Re: Spirit (white) oars

Clair Fennessy
There’s a variety of issues. Mostly the oars tilt forward  or backwards therefore hooding or scooping. Means you have to make constant adjustments so I guess that’s the leather. Because they are rotating I think that’s prob where the blisters come from.

Re: Spirit (white) oars

MtB⚓️
Were they well greased up with tallow? If not they can bite on the rail and roll instead of slide...
I’ll run the litmus test on them.

Re: Spirit (white) oars

Clair Fennessy
Yes they were greased each time.