Seat support on Spirit

BevW
Hi
One of the seats in Spirit is missing the "thingy" that goes on the floor to hold the upright support in place.
Please could someone take a look before the seat starts to bow?
Ta!
Bev x

Re: Seat support on Spirit

MtB⚓️
Clare or Aisling, can you help Bev to find her thingy!

Re: Seat support on Spirit

Andrew Berry
...but it then needs glueing back in place, if its the thingy that I'm thinking of....to make the 3 sided socket for the support.
And those supports , as Bev says ,keep the thwart form bowing down and even more importantly the hull in shape.
Amazing how often they are found lying in the bottom boards.
Happy to help Clare if she has the epoxy.

Re: Seat support on Spirit

Clare Gibbs
I’ll pop down today to see if I can find the thingy first.

Re: Seat support on Spirit

BevW
Thank you team!

Re: Seat support on Spirit

Clare Gibbs
I have requested the help of Andrew to uncover boat and to locate “thingy”

Re: Seat support on Spirit

Andrew Berry
what time Clare - will you bring your glue and some sand paper ? I'll meet you there....

Re: Seat support on Spirit

Clare Gibbs
Andrew and I found part of the “thingy” today and Andrew is now going to make a whole new “thingy”, to do this we have taken out the seat supporting strut so it can be used to size the new one. Seat position 3 currently has no seat support, so if this boat is needed over the next few days, it can only have 5 rowers.

Re: Seat support on Spirit

Andrew Berry
Clare has the new socket now - I made it from hardwood as I had a bit the right size, but if Clare/Matt want one made in a softwood I can do another.....

Re: Seat support on Spirit

BevW
Thank you both!!