Scillies Training

Mike Gilbert
...well we need to practice a bit of determined sprinting for our visit to the Scillies.

I have measured the distance of the 2 courses we will use in the Scilllies. One is from Langstone to the post at the Emsworth turn.  The other from the Emsworth turn to Verner. Each one is around 18-22 minutes depending on the tide.

Can the crews be prepared to come out rowing on Sunday afternoons over the next few weeks - starting on Sunday 10th March?

I suggest we schedule an hour and do 15 minute warm up/2 x sprint circuits and 10 minute cool down.

I think we are likely to start at around 14.30-15.30 depending on the club rowing diary.

Re: Scillies Training

Alan Harding
Hi Mike,

I'm not part of the Scillies team, but I think this info is useful for any of us out practising our gig rowing too. Can I ask what other things we could do in our normal rowing sessions please? i.e. should we all practice feathering? Do we still do the 10/20 etc firm rowing or should we practise doing firm rowing for periods of time, building up to 20 mins? What stroke rates we should be aiming for? etc.
Thanks,
Alan

Re: Scillies Training

Yes, we're ok for that.
Robina and Chris

Re: Scillies Training

Marion
Have booked the next block of Sunday afternoons for this. Welcome the opportunity to improve technique and agree with Alans comments on decisions about feathering,pyramids v endurance etc. Would be good to know what is best to be working on.

Re: Scillies Training

I have blocked out dates too there are a few Sundays I cannot make and one of them is the 10th unfortunately, as I am away that weekend, same goes for 21st April.  Otherwise I hope to make all others.

Re: Scillies Training

Alan & Julia
Hi Mike,

I'm sure I can make most Sundays - Mother's Day (10th) may prove difficult but most others are OK.

The Saturday rows at 10.00 hrs are proving useful for pyramids & the Emsworth to Northney "Sprint" as well.

Cheers,

Alan.
Alan & Julia Robinson

Re: Scillies Training

Hi Mike - I think I can do 10th, 17th  & 31st.  Have a match on 24th in Winchester starting at 11.30 - norm is 3 hours max ( could be less) so leaving Winchester at 2.30pm and not with you until 3pm - so 24th a maybe!

Re: Scillies Training

Hi Mike, happy to turn up and row.

Re: Scillies Training

Alan & Julia
Hi Mike,

I can now confirm my availability for training this coming Sunday afternoon.

Cheers,

Alan.
Alan & Julia Robinson

Re: Scillies Training

Hi . Mike , katherine is ok for this sundays training, will meet you at the Marina for 2.30 start . Any change please advise
Many thanks

Re: Scillies Training

Hi Mike , can confirm that Adam will be at marina for sundays Scillies training at 2.30pm

Re: Scillies Training

robina and chris
We can do Sun afternoon

Re: Scillies Training

Colin McPhee
Hello I'm Colin McPhee

I can be available on Sunday Afternoon for some Training
Colin McPhee

07793 838261

Re: Scillies Training

Mike Gilbert
looks like we have a crew for Scillies training on Sunday so it will go ahead...

Re: Scillies Training

Alan Harding
Hi Mike,
I am good for training this Sunday too.