❌ Red No 6 oar FIXED has a suspected break

❌ Red No 6 oar FIXED has a suspected break

Report at the weekend that this oar is cracking and over flexible, I looked at it tonight and couldn’t reproduce the noise, we’ll remove the leather tomorrow and inspect.

Re: ❌ Red No 6 oar has a suspected break

Clare Gibbs
Leather removed and discovered old cross shank break which was repaired has failed.
This oar will be out of action until a major fix has been planned and completed.

Re: ❌ Red No 6 oar has a suspected break

Paula Bray
Thanks for digging deep Clair - shame as they are a good set.

Re: ❌ Red No 6 oar has a suspected break

MtB⚓️
They will be repaired, it’s just a big intervention that’s all.

Re: ❌ Red No 6 oar has a suspected break

This has gone off today to Patrick Bird for a look and possible repair, care of Mike Gilbert,
thanks Mike!

Re: ❌ Red No 6 oar has a suspected break

No 6 fixed & back in the unit, requires a leather, I’ll try and get this done next week.

Re: ❌ Red No 6 oar FIXED has a suspected break

This oar is leathered, taped and ready for rowing.
Use lots of Tallow!
MtB