Getting ready for the upcoming regattas I notice our regatta is 3 weeks on Saturday, I think it might be best to start getting the racing bouys out and give them a test to make sure there OK, they got dragged about a bit whilst being put away last year
Nice one Patrick, great minds think alike, we are already on to this.
See my text from the 19th b4 u got your phone back!
“Buoys, listen here lol, can someone check the yellow buoys are ok? Maybe pump them up and check for leaks? I’ve got the anchors all the way to the buoy connections ready, M”
Paul Jones already replied to this on our BBQ forum, can you two work together on this, he’s going down Thursday.
Chris, the BBQ Buoys have got the buoys covered, just say where and when and we’ll install them, Colin has been in discussions already. If some go out on the Friday then I should tell the Harbour Master, I’ll need positions for that and the full lay, can you send a sketch?
As can be seen from the general post six of the bouys are now inflated, one has a small tear that will get repaired this week. They seem to be OK but will need a final top up before they go out on the water, I assume that will be the Friday night before the Regatta. I have a small battery operated air pump which we can use if required.
I assume Matt will be rigging all the weights with help from others prior to the Friday, but we can sort that when he gets back
Thanks Patrick, shame about the tear, is it possible to put a repair in from the inside, then one on outside to sandwich it? The inner one will be tricky so you’ll need to pass it in and then back on itself.
If the inner one is good then the pressure will hold it there too.
All tackle is ready at my house, I’ll bring that on the Friday.