Race Buoy Preps🚣‍♂️🎯

💫Matt has all the Kettle weights and anchors for safekeeping for 2019.

Front page for race buoy preparations:

Buoys to be inflated and rigged then tested for posture!

Inflation team: Patrick, Paul J
Rigging: MtB, Patrick, Jack
Testing: MtB, Patrick, Colin, Jack, + RIB or gig
Labelling: Chris B

Offers of help below

Re: Race Buoy Preps🚣‍♂️🎯

Jack Anson
I can help with rigging and testing if you need me

Re: Race Buoy Preps🚣‍♂️🎯

Thanks for the offer Jack, you’ll be great.
Next time you are down, can you start by having a look for the anchors that were bought last year? Also the buoys and chain/rope.
Cheers

Re: Race Buoy Preps🚣‍♂️🎯

Buoy tested and rigged with additional weight to keep upright.
Patrick has 2 buoys in his garden, he'll start inflating them all and taking them to the yard this weekend.
I'll make 4 lengthening ropes for the deep buoys.

Re: Race Buoy Preps🚣‍♂️🎯

Update today:

All the buoys are back at the container along with their inverted chain rigging, ballast slings, anchors and 2 x extender slings.
The ballast will be at my house, I’ll take it down if I’m about, if not then it can be collected.

So here’s the set up above, Buoy with ballast (kettle bell) hanging below on a 1m sling, choked on the kettle handle and sharing the shackle with the riser/ground tackle.
The rope Bridle is ty wrapped to hold it central and an eye is formed the same way.

To extend the length of a deep buoy just add a 2m extender rope in the top connection and join the riser to that in turn.
The sinking rope descends to the chain and onto the anchor.
All shackle pins should be moused with the tiny tie wraps provided.

Any questions just add below.

I understand Patrick is going to inflate everything nearer the day and the buoys will be laid on the morning of the event, loaded to the RIBs at main slip.

Re: Race Buoy Preps🚣‍♂️🎯

Please confirm your assistance below 🍭

Re: Race Buoy Preps🚣‍♂️🎯

Patrick W
Hi All,
          I will be inflating all the bouys today (Sunday) some I will put back in the club house the others will be in our garden.
Will start rigging them on Monday night at clubhouse, Jack  are you avilable to help out?

Regards Patrick

Re: Race Buoy Preps🚣‍♂️🎯

Jack Anson
Yeah i can be there. Gimme a text what time you want to be there

Re: Race Buoy Preps🚣‍♂️🎯

TimP
I have a 9kilo kettle bell that I no longer need if you would like it?

Re: Race Buoy Preps🚣‍♂️🎯

MtB⚓️
Yes please Tim, can you take it to the club at the weekend?

Re: Race Buoy Preps🚣‍♂️🎯

TimP
Will do if not before it is black in colour.

Cheers

Re: Race Buoy Preps🚣‍♂️🎯

Steve Woods
Happy to assist with loading and deploying

Will check for final details

Cheers
07788 277875
stevewoods583@btinternet.com

Re: Race Buoy Preps🚣‍♂️🎯

TimP
Oh Buoy what a success these were this year, really set the tone for the racing and no excuses for wrong turns!  So m7ch fun to deploy and I suspect muddy fun to retrieve!

Re: Race Buoy Preps🚣‍♂️🎯

MtB⚓️
Thanks Tim, fine tuned the weights, now we know....