ROWING, COMMUNITY EVENTS AND REGATTAS 2021

ROWING, COMMUNITY EVENTS AND REGATTAS 2021

The club has been invited to participate in the following events , all presently  scheduled to be held in 2021

4th  to 6th June. “international Five Miles From Home Challenge” second race
9th to 11th July   “International Five Miles From Home Challenge”.third race
Full details of the above event is posted on the Gig Club Forum

“Gig Club Rowing Taster Sessions “for those on our waiting list.
Saturday and Sunday afternoons from 2pm onward  5th/6th June

Sunday 27th June. 13 Mile “Annual Round Hayling Rowing Race  at Northney” visit www.roundhaylingrace.co.uk. For details.

Sunday  4th July “ Cockleshell Challenge “ hosted by ECC  at Eastney  visit  www.eastneycruisingassociation.com

Saturday 24th July Hayling Fest  at the Plaza, Eastoke Corner Hayling Island . Local bands and musicians performing live on the seafront .
Free !  2pm till 7 pm
Lets make it a club social event and meet up there together .

Saturday 14th August Lyme Regis Gig Club CPGA Regatta. ( this date will be reviewed prior to the summer)

Saturday  21st August Poole Gig Club CPGA Regatta

                                                                  ❤️❤️❤️💜💜

AND A VERY SPECIAL SOCIAL EVENT .....NOT TO BE MISSED ....NEXT YEARS GIG CLUB CHRISTMAS DINNER DANCE WILL BE AT THE NEWTOWN HOUSE HOTEL HAYLING ISLAND ON SATURDAY 11th DECEMBER 2021 .

Re: ROWING, COMMUNITY EVENTS AND REGATTAS 2021

Brian
Updated 15th April

Re: ROWING, COMMUNITY EVENTS AND REGATTAS 2021

The Three Churches Fete originally planned for Wednesday 11th August has now been called off ,due to concerns over covid.

The Committee of LPGC consider that the Bembridge Gig Fest and  rowing across the  Solent is too early in the calendar for the fitness , welfare and safety of our members and have reluctantly declined the invitation for the  club participate in this event.

Re: ROWING, COMMUNITY EVENTS AND REGATTAS 2021

Jane Cox
Thanks for the updates Brian x

Re: ROWING, COMMUNITY EVENTS AND REGATTAS 2021

Updated 28thMay 2021

Re: ROWING, COMMUNITY EVENTS AND REGATTAS 2021

Carole Driver
Hi Brian
What a great list of events!
I am interested in the Round Hayling Race - should I apply on the race website, or is the club co-ordinating this?

Re: ROWING, COMMUNITY EVENTS AND REGATTAS 2021

Brian
Hi Carole, The Rowing Captains will pist details for this event on the forum shortly. We are not sure at the moment upon the number of boats we will have available for entry.