Proposed "Return to Rowing"

Jackie Tutt
Hi Juniors and Families

You may have seen that Liz has posted the below message on the Club Forum today on behalf of the Rowing Committee.

Following the Government’s announcement of their proposed roadmap out of lockdown and looking at British Rowing’s provisional guidelines, we, at Langstone Gig Club, hope to get all our members back out on the water over the weekend of the 3rd and 4th April!  This happens to also be Easter weekend, so we may look to get crews out over all four days!

We think that our sessions will follow the same pattern as when we came out of the last lockdown.  This will mean mixed crews comprising of our Men, Ladies and Intermediate rowers going out at pre-scheduled times, with all the same Covid-safe protocols in place.  It is hoped that we will also be able to reintroduce our Junior rowing at this time, depending on sufficient numbers.  Their sessions will operate with the same protocols as our adult sessions.
We will post any updates and reminders closer to the dates above.
We are really looking forward to seeing you all again and getting back on the water!

I will be making contact with Junior rowers and their families in the next week to see how we can work together to get our Junior rowers all out on the water together safely.

Look forward to seeing you all as soon as we can
Jackie and Paula
Junior Squad