Pre Scillies Gig Work List

Please add below any maintenance observations for gigs going to the Scillies this year.

Heart:
Done* Complete keel repairs
Done* Wash and de-grit
Done* Touch up

Star:
Keel inspect, fill and coat.
Wash and de-grit
Coat stretchers
Touch up topsides
Check navy tar in joints

Spirit:
Planking shakes temp repairs
Wash and de-grit
Coat stretchers
Touch up topsides
Seat support socket needs fixing

Ladies oars (yellow) need a paint job on the blades.
New PB Oars blades have been rubbed down and re-primed, ready for PreKote, then Toplac colours. Damaged No3 oar epoxied & sanded back.

Re: Pre Scillies Gig Work List

Clare Gibbs
Her goes for starters

- Ladies oars (yellow) need a paint job on the blades. Some newish bare bits of wood showing through.

- SOL - New seat support socket needs fixing in place on SOL.
- SOL - Stretchers showing signs of wear, with bare wood, need rubbing down, precoat and paint job.

Re: Pre Scillies Gig Work List

Colin McPhee

Dear MAtt

THE B team have asked me to make some new stretchers for Spirit

I will bring the first down on Saturday

Cheers

Colin McPhee

07793 838261

Re: Pre Scillies Gig Work List

Greg Tutt
As per my conversation with Matt, please can we ensure that the ladies number 5 oar is available to go to the Scillies. Once this is returned, please can we then return the leather on the spare ladies number 4 oar (this has the yellow and purple tape), which is currently being used as a number 5 oar, to a neutral position.

As always I am happy to help in any way that I can and thank you in advance.

Regards
Greg

Re: Pre Scillies Gig Work List

Greg Tutt
Please can we request that the Patrick Bird gifted number 1 oars leather is set to neutral. It will be our 3rd spare oar for the Scillies and can then be used in position 1 or 6.

Also can we check that the number 7 oar travelling with HoH is also set to neutral (blue and white tape only for this oar)

Also, as per the conversation with Matt, please can we use blue and white tape to secure the leathers for all the spare oars with a single additional coloured tape to denote the set they belong to. Ie, For the ladies oar; above the blue or white tape, closest to the blade, can we please have a ring of yellow tape. This will help with quick identification when we are in the Scillies and at Regattas.

Thank you so much.
Greg

Re: Pre Scillies Gig Work List

Greg Tutt
Matt,

I brought the 7 oar into the unit in preparation for travel with HoH, but it is looking very shabby. Please can this be added to the list of oars to be painted before travelling to the Scillies via SoN or SoL.

BTW, the 7 oar is actually part of the HoH set and therefore can have the white and blue tape, with green tape towards the blade. This will require its leather in the neutral position.

Thanks again to Clare and you for all your help.
GT

Re: Pre Scillies Gig Work List

Andrew Berry
Can we have a new list of what the colour codes mean please, and what boat they fit, who can use them etc.. I'm particularly keen to know what the code is for Greg's special oar, so I can treat it with due respect.

Re: Pre Scillies Gig Work List

Greg Tutt
Hi Matt
After the row today, we noticed that a piece of wood that the stern board sits upon in SoL has broken. We have the piece of wood in the clubhouse and I can show you this when we are together this week.
Regards
Greg

Re: Pre Scillies Gig Work List

Thanks for the underKote Greg and Kimmy! She’s looking spiffy....

Re: Pre Scillies Gig Work List

MtB⚓️
If anyone likes Yoga! Please help yourselves and start sanding the white with the foam blocks and adhesive white 320 grit...or if it’s not working then use some 240g on the other style blocks.
Next job painting is weds AM, volunteering appreciation guaranteed.

Re: Pre Scillies Gig Work List

Thanks Greg, I have it and will fix it b4 she comes to the boatshed.

Greg and I will be back Friday and so put us down for w/c 25th Feb rota of work. Yoga or Pilates!!
Jackie x

Re: Pre Scillies Gig Work List

Clare Gibbs
Nikki and I will be at the clubhouse tomorrow morning for some yoga sanding from 10:30 for a couple of hours if anyone fancies joining us, come along.

Re: Pre Scillies Gig Work List

Strake undercoated in white today.

Robina