Practice turning buoys

TimP
Hi All

I find myself wondering whether it would be possible to rig a large fender or small buoy (not junior) to take out on training sessions to use as a turning mark. I am thinking fender rope weight or small anchor to drop off and collect. The benefits especially at low water would be a safe point to aim at and turn round.

Cheers

Tim

Re: Practice turning buoys

Martin Evans
There are plenty of blue and white containers that were used as buoys in the compound. Connecting one of the anchors and rope should work fine.

Martin

Re: Practice turning buoys

simon sprackling
I have a couple of medium sized buoys .? will look for an anchor .
give it a go .
Simon S

Re: Practice turning buoys

We have been given some smaller race buoys (x4), by Jules Hewwon an RNLI mate and that may be what Martin is referring too.  HOWEVER the anchors and weights need to be returned and will be on Wednesday evening, just so you are aware.

Re: Practice turning buoys

TimP
I suspect that I may have a small anchor somewhere so will bring that along later this week