Plastic ladder and dolly unwell

TimP
Hi

I am sure that this must have been noticed by others but just in case the plastic ladder is unwell in fact it is nearly impossible to use in its current state.

If I recall it needs some plastic twine and patience to rectify.

The wheels and rubber on at least one dolly are also unwell and both faults could potentially place boats at risk.

Rollers work well and prevent rowers from having to get thigh deep in water to recover from the main slip this is good in the winter

The dolly’s also prevent the boats swinging round in high wind and strong tide, again a good thing methinks☺️

Cheers

Tim

Re: Plastic ladder and dolly unwell

MtB⚓️
Cheers Tim, I’ve got a bit on this week but will try and fix the dolly, I’m reaching out to anyone else who reads this to pop down and see if you can fix the ladder?
Just post on here even if you are just going to have a look.
Matt

Re: Plastic ladder and dolly unwell

Are any GGs interested in having a go at the ladder fix? I can drop it off for you if required?

Re: Plastic ladder and dolly unwell

One at a time now, I can't write your names that fast...

Re: Plastic ladder and dolly unwell

Lee Farquhar
If I can get the plastic ladder in my car, I could fix it at work next week.
Regards,
Lee.

Re: Plastic ladder and dolly unwell

MtB⚓️
Thanks Lee, that would be great.
Matt

Re: Plastic ladder and dolly unwell

Lee travelled all the way from the East Country to tape and number some oars and he brought the renovated plastic ladder back with him!
Well done Lee, we appreciate you getting stuck into two jobs that have been niggling for a while.
Dolly repairs still to be done...

Re: Plastic ladder and dolly unwell

Thanks Lee
Great company!
Jackie x

Re: Plastic ladder and dolly unwell

Dolly Wheels ordered, will be repaired within a week, ticktock...., I have to weld bigger axle stubs to take the wider & better bearings.

Re: Plastic ladder and dolly unwell

Brian
Thank you Lee and Matt both of these items are essential to the day to day running of our club  and we  should not rely on Perry and the navy to bail us out.

Re: Plastic ladder and dolly unwell

Steel for axle extensions arrives Monday.

Re: Plastic ladder and dolly unwell

Club Dollies taking shape with uprated stub axles and floater tyres.

SOLVED! 🥑 Can the club dolly’s be collected from Eastleigh by someone?

Problem fixed now

Option 1 Martin Monday, tbc on this page or...
Option 2 Andrew Tuesday.

Thanks for stepping up.

MtB

2nd try
Could someone collect the dolly’s from Wessex Galvanising please? You’ll need a trailer or van, mind u they fitted in my car but I don’t recommend that....
It’s paid for Job Number:WE00202151
2 frames, 1 disk, 4 tabs

Say below if you can do it for me, makes it easier if I get a confirmation with a day that you can help.

Simon S will bolt it all together with the components that are at my house.

Thanks in advance

Re: 🥑 Can the club dolly’s be collected from Eastleigh by someone?

Martin Evans
Bit confusing this post. You phoned me Matt to ask if I could pick them up and I agreed. I then replied to your text telling you I would pick them up tomorrow. I have now heard from Emma that you have someone else to pick them up. Please Clarify.

Martin

Re: 🥑 Can the club dolly’s be collected from Eastleigh by someone?

Mart I’ve not heard back from you until this message, people are waiting for the kit, I’ve got to get it collected ASAP.
I don’t get texts here but do get emails & forum posts, I’ve been using your gmail as discussed.
There’s a lot going on and I need to know when/what/where to coordinate the various parties.

Back to the point then, can you collect it tomorrow and deliver it to the yard?
Pls confirm this tomorrow by midday or Andrew has volunteered.

Thx

Re: 🥑 Can the club dolly’s be collected from Eastleigh by someone?

Martin Evans
I will be picking them up today as agreed.

Re: 🥑 Can the club dolly’s be collected from Eastleigh by someone?

MtB⚓️
Yay! Thanks Martin
I’ve got a discount on our next batch as they made a mistake with the frames, I’d be interested to see what happened.

Re: SOLVED! 🥑 Can the club dolly’s be collected from Eastleigh by someone?

It’s all going to be in the yard tonight ready for Simon to collect after his row in the morning. Good job all!

Re: Plastic ladder and dolly unwell

Dolly x 2 rebuilt and back this weekend, elbow pads temporary until I figure out a neater way.
Thanks to all who helped.

Re: Plastic ladder and dolly unwell

Plastic ladder repairs made today, thanks Lee for your attention to this specialty repair!
MtB