PB Grey Oar Leather Number 6 FIXED

Greg Tutt
This post was updated on .
The PB Grey Oar number 6 requires a new leather. I will try and do this at some point this week.

GT

Re: PB Grey Oar Leather Number 6

Greg Tutt
A new leather is currently soaking in the sink at the club. This will be changed tomorrow evening (Weds).

Re: PB Grey Oar Leather Number 6

Greg Tutt
I have been to the club today to replace the leather on the 6 oar. On removal of the old leather, I noticed a crack underneath on part of the layers of wood where the oar would rest between the thole pins. I am not proficient on oar repairs like this and would like to hand this over to someone else who is better placed than I. As always, I am very happy to assist with its repair.

Just to add that this oar will be required for the men’s Newquay County Championships on the 21st and 22nd Sept please.

Thanks
Greg

Re: PB Grey Oar Leather Number 6

MtB⚓️
Thanks for your help Greg, I’ll look at this Sun.

Re: PB Grey Oar Leather Number 6

Greg Tutt
Thanks Matt.

Re: PB Grey Oar Leather Number 6

I’ve repaired this, it was a feather edge de-lamination with a deeper bruising....I’m not sure why this happened so after gluing and clamping I’ve left some tape on it to reinforce the area, please put the leather back over the tape.
There was another feather edge fault further down the oar that I’ve fixed too.
I’ll remove the tape from that one today but the oar is back in the fleet after tonight 11/09.

Re: PB Grey Oar Leather Number 6

Greg Tutt
Thanks Matt, I'll try and get the leather done by the weekend.
Greg

Re: PB Grey Oar Leather Number 6 FIXED

Oar is fixed and available for use.
Thanks to Errol for his help this morning.

Greg