Online booking system for rowing sessions

Online booking system for rowing sessions

Shelley
Hey All

It's great having lively conversations re rowing sessions on the forum but it can be very time consuming sometimes for session organisers to hunt out bookings.

I've therefore been messing about with a few online booking solutions and have found one that seems to offer everything we want at the best price - i.e. free!

I've set up a Gig Club page and have listed this weekend's events and would ask everyone to please test it out and feedback if you find it easy to use, etc.

This is not intended to replace the forum - row sessions will still be announced here and people can chat away about the sessions in the usual manner, but bookings will be taken via the new system so that it is easier for coordinators to see at a glance who wants a seat.

Here's the link: https://bookwhen.com/langstonecuttersgigclub

For this weekend's rows the forum threads will remain the primary booking source while we trial the new system

Please reply here with any comments.

Thanks

Shel x

Re: Online booking system for rowing sessions

Alan & Julia
Hi Shel,

Simples!!

However, I started to book using my office lap-top - different email address - and had to quickly access my home email via google to confirm my booking, now I know the form I'll be better prepared next time.

I'm also available to fill in on the ladies session if there are not enough of you.

Cheers,

Alan.
Alan & Julia Robinson

Re: Online booking system for rowing sessions

Martin
Well that was easy - nice one!

Martin

Re: Online booking system for rowing sessions

Yes when I entered the correct email account - even though prompted it was easy!  Well done you and first some first served! x

Re: Online booking system for rowing sessions

Worked really well and that's even doing it on my iPhone. Brilliant as having organised my first row for this week I would be well up for a simpler route!

Thank you.

Re: Online booking system for rowing sessions

I think it works a treat!  Well done!

Re: Online booking system for rowing sessions

Shelley
Thanks for the feedback guys n gals. One or two small negatives - having to enter you email address each time seemed to be the main one, but if there was a sign in feature you'd have to enter it there anyway and as the usage will be once a week or so everyone agreed that it wouldn't be too much of a pain.  If over time it does prove to be annoying then we can look for other software options.

I'll email the row co-ordinators/team captains with access info so that rows can be set up indepedently and suggest we put it into use for next weekend's rows...

Re: Online booking system for rowing sessions

Colin McPhee
Tried out the booking system which looks really good . Only problem is you need the Patience of Jobe if you try and open it on an Iphone . Sorry I can not be in Weymouth as Caroline organised a day out in the New Forest. Have a cracking day
Colin
Colin McPhee

07793 838261

Re: Online booking system for rowing sessions

Brian
Hi Colin, many thanks for your help last Saturday , we are going to Weymouth for a real regatta after the Scillies in late May so we look forward to your being there.
Best wishes
Brian

On Apr 3, 2013, at 1:58 PM, "Colin McPhee [via Langstone Cutters Gig Club]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Tried out the booking system which looks really good . Only problem is you need the Patience of Jobe if you try and open it on an Iphone . Sorry I can not be in Weymouth as Caroline organised a day out in the New Forest. Have a cracking day
Colin
Colin McPhee

07793 838261

http://langstone-cutters-gig-club.46974.n6.nabble.com/Online-booking-system-for-rowing-sessions-tp270p325.html

Re: Online booking system for rowing sessions

Chris Partridge
Events created in the booking system should now show up on the Rowing Diary on the website home page. Please tell me if you can't see the booking for Weds (so far the only one).