Oars, oars, oars

Chris Partridge
Administrator
We aim to experiment with oars on Sunday afternoon after rowing.
Deborah's oars are exceptionally long (ordered specially for the Rievers12 L2P team). We think they might allow rowers to adopt a more conventional 'up to the ribs' rowing style instead of the gig rowing 'round the side' style. The idea is that the extra length can be brought inboard to allow the outside hand to stay outside the body.
So the plan is to take Langstone round to Northney after rowing on Sunday, take the buttons off Deborah's oars and go for a thrash. Video will be taken.
Crew so far is Brian, Mike, Shelley and me. Anyone else interested?
Chris