Midweek row?

Shelley
Guys and gals, Mike and I have been working with a group of school kids this week teaching them to row. As a result Sol and HoH are both on the water tonight. We were able to launch the boats ourselves but could not get the kids involved in recovering as they are just too little and we couldn't risk any accidents.

We thought that as it's such a great week for weather crews might like a day time or evening paddle and so have left them on berth C40 tonight.

A bit cheeky I know, but if no takers for a row, can we get some assistance to recover the boats?

Shel :)

Re: Midweek row?

Jonathan Rowlands
Hi Shelley
HoH GRR crew were planning a training row tomorrow (Wednesday) evening so if HoH could stay on the water until then it would be great - we would then recover at the North slip.
Many thanks
Jonathan

Re: Midweek row?

Shelley
Perfect Jonathan. :)

Re: Midweek row?

We have returned both gigs to the compound, after wednesday GRR Training, rowing fulcrums llooked a bit battered acracked on H o H must have been an expensive trip on thole pins with the schools.

Re: Midweek row?

Andrew Berry
Yes Brian, the whole pin mounting  block in no 2 position is cracked right through and gaping well apart, so it must be straining the hull and gunwhale badly.
Someone who knows what they are doing ( that rules me out ) needs to either glue or fit a new one before the damage spreads further.

On 18 July 2013 00:48, Brian [via Langstone Cutters Gig Club] <[hidden email]> wrote:
We have returned both gigs to the compound, after wednesday GRR Training, rowing fulcrums llooked a bit battered acracked on H o H must have been an expensive trip on thole pins with the schools.

http://langstone-cutters-gig-club.46974.x6.nabble.com/Midweek-row-tp1052p1071.html

Re: Midweek row?

Brian
Have alredy called Alan he will take a look at it, today

> :

Re: Midweek row?

Shelley
Thank you crew for returning both boats to the compound. It was a pleasant surprise for Mike and I when after a long session we found we didn't have to recover SoL on our own.

Thanks also Brian for calling in Alan to look at HoH. The kids were not that strong however - if they were we'd have captured them for a youth squad!