Men’s number 2 oar FIXED - awesome🤗🤗🤗

TimP
This post was updated on .
Hi All

This morning noticed that the wooden tip to the men’s number 2 oar is separating from the main blade. After some thought delamination If that is a real word was settled upon as a description🤔

Re: Men’s number 2 oar delaminated tip

MtB⚓️
Thanks Tim
Could someone send me a photo please and quarantine this blade.

Re: Men’s number 2 oar delaminated tip

Clare Gibbs
Joint on paddle visible, although no movement on the joint. Oar taken out of action until further investigated.

Thanks Clare, two options sent thru by email to you.

Re: Men’s number 2 oar delaminated tip

TimP
Hi

Sorry to add to woes but I think this is a different oar the one I had it was across the very end that there was separation.

Sorry

Re: Men’s number 2 oar delaminated tip

MtB⚓️
Hi Tim
Clare is busy until next week, can you or other attach a photo to this post of the damage.
If you can’t upload then just email me directly.

Re: Men’s number 2 oar delaminated tip

Clare, if you have the time and energy....
Can you grind out the joint as far as you dare, let it dry, epoxy glue the inners and clamp, prime, Watertite filler, sand, Prime, Precoat, Toplac....5 days later we’ve got the oar back!

Re: Men’s number 2 oar delaminated tip

Clare Gibbs
Went to check this oar out, but couldn’t find it!
Checked the no. 2’s on old men’s blue taped oars, new men’s grey taped oars and Spirit’s white taped oars, all looked ok. Checked out quarantined oars and only found ladies no. 2 and men’s (grey) no.1.
If anyone knows which oar this post refers to, please take oar out of action, stick some masking tape on near the fault and write on it too (I’ve left masking tape and pen on table near big grey locker)

Re: Men’s number 2 oar delaminated tip

Clare Gibbs
2 men’s oars taken out of action as showing signs of delamination. Fix to follow

FIXED Re: Men’s number 2 oar delaminated tip

Clare Gibbs
Finally finished this fix. Raked out split, primed, epoxy glued, clamped, primed again, touch up paint job done.

Re: Men’s number 2 oar FIXED - awesome🤗🤗🤗

TimP
Brilliant thank you👍