Mahogany appeal

Chris Partridge
Administrator
Some of you who also row over at the Mill will have seen the boat I am working on in Mike's garage (thanks, Mike!). It is, if you're interested, a 'Hampshire punt', a type that used to be common on the Thames as fishing boats and workboats for lock keepers. It is quite rare now apparently: though they were built by the hundred they tended to be left on their moorings until they rotted away, and nowadays people use fibreglass punts instead.
Anyway, some pieces are missing including most of the floorboards, the centre thwart and the stretcher. Mahogany is difficult to obtain these days - the stuff timber merchants sell is horrible, expensive and often the product of illegal logging. Does anyone have any old mahogany shelves or similar that might be suitable for recycling?

Re: Mahogany appeal

Martin Evans
Hi Chris

If you email me some sizes I'll look through what i have.

Martin