😎 Love the Gigs, please read ❤️

All members
We have a perennial issue of wooden gigs cooking in the Red Compound, can some of you think how you can help us out with any of the following:
1: Adopt a gig, park it in the shade or under cover in a cool place at your work or house(cannot be under a tree due to spores).
2: use some shade material or curtains over the port side bows and back 4 metres draped like a curtain to stop the sun and wind beating on them in the afternoon.
3: Join in and find other innovative ideas to arrest the harmful effects of this glorious weather. Such as rotating the gigs to point south west into the pm sun.
4: Set up a SALT water dousing rota and help to run it.( I have an IBC that just needs filling up then you can fill it up from from the harbour with a pump)
5: Get some hessian sacking from a builders merchant and lay it inside the hull plates to absorb the dousing water and maintain the moisture.

IBC 👆🏻

I’ve had enquiries to launch them but that just wets the keel and garboards, no further, it also allows the topsides to get weather as the cover is not on.

Please take the above seriously and help out to keep our gigs fit for the water....it’s all there to do.

Sign up pls and participate below 👇 or I’ll start ringing lol..😜

Re: 😎 Wet the Gigs, please read 💩

Natalie
Hi happy to offer a gig a home in my North facing parking spot behind The Royal if that's of any help.

Re: 😎 Wet the Gigs, please read 💩

Paul Jones
Hi matt.
There is  space at my yard. Should be able to get 3/4 of boat into shade. I am there 5 days a week. I can meet u there to check it out.

Re: 😎 Wet the Gigs, please read 💩

MtB⚓️
Thanks Nat, Paul, can you contact Adam he is running it.

Re: 😎 Wet the Gigs, please read 💩

Lee Farquhar
Stupid question , if they are inside a large airy barn ,do they need the saltwater treatment ?

Durr ,
Lee

Re: 😎 Wet the Gigs, please read 💩

MtB⚓️
Good question Lee, no not really unless it’s a week of August scorching...

Re: 😎 Wet the Gigs, please read 💩

Aileen
Willing to help with wetting the boats down if needed.

Re: 😎 Wet the Gigs, please read 💩

🤝
Thanks every one who stepped up to this call on and off this post for securing temporary homes for the gigs.
Also Adam for your management of the fix and all those planning a bunker in Red compound.
Anyone else is welcome to help out and I’d encourage you to be part of the solution here!

Re: 😎 Wet the Gigs, please read 💩

Mary Golden
Hello. We, Mary and Derek, are happy to go up to the compound and douse the boats if required. Sorry to be a bit dim but how do we get access to the compound? Cheers

Re: 😎 Wet the Gigs, please read 💩

MtB⚓️
Thanks Mary and Derek, Adam will post for this when the gigs come back from their AirBnB’s some time later this year.
We’ve managed to get them squirrelled away to secure locations out of the sun so that ticks the shade off for now.

Thanks for your support.

Re: 😎 Love the Gigs, please read ❤️

Ivor
Due to Corona virus Heart of Hayling is now shielding.

Re: 😎 Love the Gigs, please read ❤️

MtB⚓️
Lol, nice one Ivor, that will help greatly arresting the wind on sun on her bow. Thanks for your work.

Re: 😎 Love the Gigs, please read ❤️

Brian
Well done Ivor thank you .