Ladies oars

robina and chris
Ladies no. 5 oar has come unglued - possibly due to the heat

and and has been isolated in the container up top on cross beams.

the spare ( numbered 4) is now the stand in no 5.

cheers CB

Re: Ladies oars

MtB⚓️
We’ll look into this ASAP.

Re: Ladies oars

Are we talking about the yellow taped oars? Are the laces in the right place to use number 4 on Saturday?

Re: Ladies oars

Yes we checked last night

CB

Re: Ladies oars

Aisling Copeland
This is what the ladies number 5 Oar looks like. I am in contact with Sutton to find out what they advise with this as it is a break along the laminate join. Then I will get it fixed as soon as possible.

Cheers Aisling

Re: Ladies oars

Al B looked at the oar, he thinks some weight may have been on it, Aisling will continue with organising the repair.

Re: Ladies oars

Paula Bray
Aisling are you able to turn the leather on the spare oar - having rowed with it I can confirm it is not in the right place and it makes it impossible to feather.

Paula

Re: Ladies oars

No 5 oar rebonded, in paint/varnish dept.

Re: Ladies oars

Paula Bray
Brilliant thanks all - we noticed last night a split in number 4 oar that if knocked could break - Aisling is hoping to fix. That must have happened at Swanage last weekend when there was a clash in one of the mens races.  The ladies oars have always seemed very fragile and can't cope with close combat - we really need a rethink on usage.

Re: Ladies oars

MtB⚓️
I think it was Ladies A!...they are tougher

Re: Ladies oars

Paula Bray
Nope was in that race the only interesting fact was that I was knocked off my seat - no oar damage though! x