Ladies 2019 B Crew Lockdown Challenge in memory of Steve - Thank you !!!!!

Ladies 2019 B Crew Lockdown Challenge in memory of Steve - Thank you !!!!!

Rachel Norris
This post was updated on .
We did it!!!

The crew completed the challenge with some huge individual efforts. Special mentions go to Clair, whose idea this was, and who did the whole 168K on an Erg and to Bex who did almost all on the Erg and ran the rest. Everyone played their part and the team spirit and encouragement was brilliant.

A massive THANK YOU from all of us to all of you who encouraged and supported us with your donations.  A total of £1000 for Rowans.

 Hi all,

I just wanted to tell you about a challenge that seven of the Ladies 2019 B Crew  ( Aileen, Paula, Jax, Bex, Jane, Rachel and  Clair ) have been doing to raise money for the Rowans Hospice.

Three weeks ago Clair contacted me and said that she wanted to do something to show her support for me and to raise money for Rowans Hospice in memory of Steve. She was setting herself the target of doing a Marathon a week on the Erg for four weeks ( 6K a day!! ) and would donate a pound for every mile.  She asked if it was OK to tell the crew about it and ask for their support.

So one thing led to another and somehow we found that all of us had promised to join in. We have each chosen our own ways to cover the distance on Ergs, Rowing single sculls, Running, Walking, Kayaking and Cycling ( longer distances because it's easier). We are three weeks in with one week to go and still going strong.

There have been some mega efforts to catch up when things went wrong and days had to be missed. Some pretty miserable after work rides and walks in the wind and rain. And a lot of laughs and some great socially distanced team efforts too.

We are all planning to donate to Rowans when we finish and we have created a JustGiving page to make that easy.

No pressure at all but if you feel you would like to add your support and donate to Rowans then this is our Just Giving page
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/rowrunride4rowans

We want to keep it low key so have decided not to post on Facebook please.

Looking forward to the day when we can do what we do best and row Gigs together again,

Much love
Rachel

Re: Ladies 2019 B Crew Lockdown Challenge in memory of Steve

MtB⚓️
💥 Good work ladies 🔥

Re: Ladies 2019 B Crew Lockdown Challenge in memory of Steve

Great idea girls , Kath and I will donate

Thanks for the encouragement Matt much appreciated !

Re: Ladies 2019 B Crew Lockdown Challenge in memory of Steve

Rachel Norris
Thank you Brian and Kath that is really kind!

Re: Ladies 2019 B Crew Lockdown Challenge in memory of Steve

Mark Brownjohn
Great stuff

Re: Ladies 2019 B Crew Lockdown Challenge in memory of Steve

Simon Hughes
Great idea & well done all, will make a donation...Simon

Re: Ladies 2019 B Crew Lockdown Challenge in memory of Steve

Thanks guys that is really generous of you all - last day of our challenge tomorrow - looking forward to having Monday off but will also miss it x

Re: Ladies 2019 B Crew Lockdown Challenge in memory of Steve

Sue Loveridge
Well done ladies. Peter and I have just completed 180 miles in 3 days on our bikes. That is the distance from Paris to Hayling . All money raised is going to the Rowans. Quite a few others have done it on other days so it should all be good for the Rowans.  Hope to see you on the water sometime.  Sue

Re: Ladies 2019 B Crew Lockdown Challenge in memory of Steve - Thank you !!!!!

Rachel Norris