Islander's trailer - FFFIIIXXXEEEDDD !!! thanks Matt

Islander's trailer - FFFIIIXXXEEEDDD !!! thanks Matt

The "Snap strap" has come adrift from Islander's trailer

also one of the supports does not raise up sufficiently.

Cheers CB

Re: Islander's trailer

MtB⚓️
Cheers CB
I’ll look at the weekend.

Re: Islander's trailer

I’ve run around like a prat getting the bits for this, the first strap didn’t fit so I’ve adapted it with a long shackle, I’ll put it on today.
It’s been kinda busy just lately with other stuff so this side job was a bit of a distraction.
In the mean time, let’s have a discussion CB and tell me how this happened?

Re: Islander's trailer

I arrived early morning in the dark to cox and going in one end of the car park

 I saw a boat being towed but when I drove out the other end the trailer was

alone so I deduced it hadn't been attached too well  however the trailer had

 stopped dead so hurrah for snap straps!  Lesson to be learned is check the coupling

and always use strap even for a journey of a few metres - Here endeth the lesson

Cheers CB.

Re: Islander's trailer

MtB⚓️
No it doesn’t quite finish there; thanks for letting me know the details, it’s nice to be told how it happened as opposed to just receiving a work order.

I believe the trailer was attached to a vehicle while the plastic grease cap was still in place, this would not enable the link to be made.

I’m aware it was nothing to do with you Chris, but the request to repair came from you that night.

I’ll remind us all:

The tower has responsibility for the gig when hitching, towing, parking and unhitching, regardless of who assisted.

• In future if something gets broken like this by someone then take responsibility and go buy one, fix it yourself before asking me; I can remedy most things caused by wear and tear but cannot fix lack of attention I’m afraid.

• My job is full and varied right now, if you break something small and you really can’t fix it then come to me and I’ll help, I’ve got a good history in that department.

• If this had come adrift on the slipway with 12 juniors at the bottom and the strap was not clipped on, think of the consequences. When things go wrong, discuss them and engineer the hazard out if you can but at the very least don’t hide it without making the wider club aware.

• The tower and helpers may need a trailer refresher to ensure the proper checks are made when hitching up, I’ll be glad to assist!

I don’t want to discuss this further via the forum thanks, I’ll be down the unit all week, come join me and we can all talk about it.

Re: Islander's trailer

When repair requests have been signed off by MtB please dont delete the post, just add FIXED to the title header please.
Islander’s trailer brake strap has been fixed now, along with the support, CB please amend your title of your post to include FIXED.

Re: Islander's trailer

Matt I do not know exactly how this happened as there was no vehicle near when I came alongside

but you've got it in one - it's absolutely nothing to do with me because:-

1 it was  not my row

2 it was not me towing

3 you specifically asked for everything to be run past you and you would delegate.

so sorry you couldn't delegate this and I know you're busy as am I

- Boat looking good by the way!

I think this boat unattached could not have got to the slip so no

danger to juniors especially as it was 5.30am.

As for "Hiding" anything I'm not going to join in with this paranoia  as there was no

intent to hide information from the wider club by anyone.

Maybe on the two early rows this week I'll tow the boats myself but in the meanwhile

yes book  a date for towers as it clearly is needed maybe tack on to the one that was proposed

some months ago.

So that the wider club can appreciate Matt you're doing a great job on the boats Claire & co on the oars

 and the Thorney welder on the trailers - all VERY much appreciated by the club.

Cheers CB.

Re: Islander's trailer

MtB⚓️
Mmmm, thank you Mr Trump, 🧐.