Hole in Leather

BevW
Hi,
There is a hole in the leather on the no 1 green taped oar.  It's worn right through and the wood of the oar is hitting the pin.

Thanks
Bev

Re: Hole in Leather

MtB⚓️
Thanks Bev
Can this be put on the top rack until someone can look at it?

Re: Hole in Leather - Leather replaced

Clare Gibbs
I could only find a red number 6 oar with a hole in the leather, so have replaced the leather and re taped

The new leather needs to be talo'd before use, so it is on the top shelf still until this can be done (I would have done it myself but couldn't find the talo).

Re: Hole in Leather - Leather replaced

MtB⚓️
Thanks Clare, I was waiting for someone else to acknowledge your efforts but as I’ve found myself, the Bosun’s Locker is often sleepy hollow for traffic!
Thanks from me anyway for your continued support with the oar repairs.
Keep it up,

MtB