Heart of Hayling trailer.

robina and chris
There are issues with the rollers on HoH trailer the rear one may need raising to help clear

 the back end and one of the central rollers is gouged and needs replacing.

In the absence of a spare it could be exchanged with the bow one.

Can anyone assist with these matters ?

Cheers CB.

Re: Heart of Hayling trailer.

MtB⚓️
If someone can measure these up and get them from Indespension near Beaver Tool hire in Waterlooville.
Otherwise, not ideal, I’ll take them with me to Scillies.
MtB, can

Re: Heart of Hayling trailer.

Perry
I'll look at it tomorrow.

It would be helpful if someone could give me the dimensions of the keel roller that needs replacing - save me a trip!

The issue is the rear roller is the right height to align the keel on the rest of the rollers. If you raise the rear one it will put strain on the mid-rear section of the keel.

Matt - I will get at least 1 spare roller from indespension and will also look at a spare rubber snubber to go over the rear end of the trailer to protect the hull during launch and recovery.

One option would be to raise the rear roller for recovery, then drop it to ease the pressure on the keel - the other option would be to raise all the keel rollers a couple of inches (if it's possible) - but I don't know if I could do it before she goes on Sat.

Perry

Re: Heart of Hayling trailer.

Perry
I’ve not been down to the compound but from memory I use these 5” ones, they need a good dose of grease to get the pin in(good luck getting the old one out!)

I don’t understand the “raising the stern roller to clear” bit, as you mentioned though it would put all the others out of kilter and they are welded...

So the new rubber will solve part of the request, given the timescale I think that will do until she returns? Unless someone has an appetite for serious intervention.

Can you photo and post any work that you do Perry?

Thanks

MtB, can.

Re: Heart of Hayling trailer.

Perry
Work done this afternoon - main bit was the keel roller replacement. Have also put extra protection over the rear of the trailer to stop scraping - but this may not help recovery if the clearance is that tight.
Have sent Matt photos.

Re: Heart of Hayling trailer.

MtB⚓️
Thanks Perry, great effort for the team!