Hamble River Raid on Saturday

Andrew Berry
My original post is under but just a few extra points I need to make ....

We meet at the Marina at Hamble point..........
Hamble Point Marina
School Lane, Hamble, Southampton, Hampshire
SO31 4NB

I will bring lifejackets

I will bring the official junior top layers for you to wear

There are NO pontoons where we are launching and also at the Hamble Hard - you WILL get your feet wet, dress appropriately please....old trainers and no socks.

There are no reserves - the team is you - don't let us down please.

We will need to row the gig ACORN back to Hamble Point Marina after the race.

The race starts at 11.45 off the hard at Hamble, and the boat needs to be scrutinised first.

I will be at  the Hamble Marina with Acorn at 10:AM, and we'll launch ASAP and get down to the start.

Don't be late - but if ACORN has gone without you then you need to get to Hamble Hard SO31 4HA

The race fees are £4 each, money to me on the day please.

MY ORIGINAL POST IS UNDER FOR REFERENCE

Dear Hamble River Raid (HRR) parent...

For those unfamiliar with the HRR, there is more info on the website under. The main thing is that even if you are not rowing its a day out for the

whole family - weather permitting - with beer tents, burgers and other things, a bit of a waterside fete.

http://www.hambleriverraid.org/

Juniors are not technically permitted to launch boats, H&S etc,  therefore I will be reliant on some

of you parents to help me please , as well as other members of the gig club.

Our sister club the Langstone cutters will also be there.

The key thing is that although the race starts and finishes at Hamble Hard, we will actually be launching and recovering
the boat, at MDL Marina , Hamble Point, ( see under ) and I'll need the crew there both before and after the race for obvious reasons.

DO NOT USE THE POSTCODE ON WEBSITE TO GET TO THE DROP OFF POINT FOR THE Js.

Lifejackets will be worn...I'll bring them in my car....if your J can remember their LJ number I'll try and bring it.

Please ensure your J knows their racing position, and can Maddie confirm we've got it right for her ?

1 Heidi - ack
2 Hannah
3 Ella
4 Maddie
5 Jemima
6 Megan

As always dress appropriately with plenty of options so that we're not caught out if the weather changers

Please wear official gear if you've got it.

I'll let you know timings later but I think 10AM at the marina is going to be about right.

Any Qs to me please, phone number under and 07977 914110 on the day.

I'm also hoping that there may be a spare club tower you can bring the gig back as I have to be at a

choir concert early evening. ( Paul Jones maybe ? )

There is a fee for each rower, which I  think Jackie has already told you about...

Please can you acknowledge receipt

There is a fee for each rower, which I  think Jackie has already told you about...

If there are any car sharing options available to you I'd go for it, parking is a bit of an issue - see 'donkey field'

Hamble Point Marina
School Lane, Hamble, Southampton, Hampshire
SO31 4NB

Best wishes.