Hamble River Raid 18th May 2019 - CREW

Hi Juniors

Perry has very kindly allowed for us to use Acorn again this year for the Hamble River Raid for an experienced Junior crew to participate and Andrew has agreed to cox and to tow Acorn to the event and back on the day. Sharon will be posting separately for a couple of plastic gigs also so any of our older Juniors who are interested can post with Sharon.

The Hamble River Raid is not for the feint-hearted - it is an 8 mile timed sprint down & back up the Hamble alongside a variety of craft including canoes, stand up paddle boards, Bursledon gigs, Solent galleys & teifis and hopefully another couple of plastic gigs. Its a great event, a good day out for the family and always good fun!  Please follow the link for more detail - http://www.hambleriverraid.org/)

If you are interested please post here so that we can form a crew for this event.
We must stress this is a long row and we need to ensure the crew are experienced and strong enough and so our emphasis will be with our U16 year 10 and above juniors for this year. We will also look at those who have not yet had the opportunity to experience the Hamble River Raid when making a crew decision.
There will be more opportunities for endurance rows in 2019 and there will always be opportunities for U14 rowers to take part in future Hamble River Raids.

Any questions please let me know
Jackie
07977 162646

Cox - Andrew/Acorn (Towing to Hamble and back)

THE CREW HAS BEEN CHOSEN NOW FOR THIS EVENT AND WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING JUNIORS - CREW WAS CHOSEN ON AGE AND EXPERIENCE. AS THIS IS A JUNIOR EVENT WE HAVE CHOSEN OLDER JUNIORS AS THEY WILL NOT QUALIFY FOR JUNIORS NEXT YEAR, THEREFORE JUNIORS WHO DID NOT MAKE THE CREW THIS YEAR WILL HAVE OPPORTUNITIES IN SUBSEQUENT YEARS

Jemima
Hannah
Heidi
Ella
Maddie R
Megan

Re: Hamble River Raid 18th May 2019 - JUNIOR crew

Emma Cannon
Do you think Jack would be ok for this Jackie? As he's still only in year 9. Thanks

Re: Hamble River Raid 18th May 2019 - JUNIOR crew

Hi Emma
Height, strength and experience will count for a lot and so I will add Jack in the mix for final selection.
Jackie x

Re: Hamble River Raid 18th May 2019 - JUNIOR crew

Emma Cannon
Ok thanks Jackie

Re: Hamble River Raid 18th May 2019 - JUNIOR crew

Megan walsh
Yes please for me! X

Re: Hamble River Raid 18th May 2019 - JUNIOR crew

Katie kavanagh
Yes please for Katie.

Re: Hamble River Raid 18th May 2019 - JUNIOR crew

Jemima Russell
Yes please for me and Hannah x

Re: Hamble River Raid 18th May 2019 - JUNIOR crew

Emma Walton
Yes please for Heidi x

Re: Hamble River Raid 18th May 2019 - JUNIOR crew

Ella Stapley
Yes please x

Re: Hamble River Raid 18th May 2019 - JUNIOR crew

Charlottereed
Maddie would like to do this please.