HOW FAR COULD WE ALL GO? Let's see on the weekend of 5th/6th March

HOW FAR COULD WE ALL GO? Let's see on the weekend of 5th/6th March

Jackie Tutt
Dear Giggers and their long suffering friends and relatives

It has been suggested that after so long necessarily apart, we might look at doing something remotely over the course of the weekend of the 5th/6th March to lift our spirits and get the Club back on the map locally.

The proposal in short is that we should see how many kilometres can the Club as a whole manage, if each one of us dedicates an hour to one of the following activity at some time over the weekend.

Rowing machine, walking, running, cycling, swimming, stand up paddle boarding anything where progress is made under ones own steam and can be measured!

Why

Because we can, because we are all missing doing stuff as a club, because why not and because we are in need of some new news for the local press, social media etc.

For those with a competitive bent we can always post the total and challenge other Gig Clubs to do better.

Can we break 250000 metres (150 miles)

One current idea is that members with access to ergos are going to see how far they can cover with a combined total, if that makes sense.  So far this is Simon, Errol, Aileen, Tim, Russ and Colin, but it would be good to get a few more people for this!

We could also use the opportunity to raise some money for our own individual good causes so people would be be invited to make a contribution to whosoever they wanted to!

So what do you need to do on the 5th/6th March

1. One hour of one of the above activities or perhaps add another suggestion to the list
2. Take selfie’s or socially distanced photos that you would perhaps like to share in our Club Newsletter
3. Capture how far you travelled
4. Let Jackie Tutt know by close of play on the 6th March.

jackietutt@outlook.com
07977 162646

Simples!

RE: HOW FAR COULD WE ALL GO? Let's see on the weekend of 5th/6th March

anitapreston
Hi Jackie  I have a water rower (not a Consept) and will do an hours row.
Plus possibly a bike ride. x

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2

[...]

[hidden email]
07977 162646

Simples!

To start a new topic under Junior Team, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Langstone Pilot Gig Club, click here.

Re: HOW FAR COULD WE ALL GO? Let's see on the weekend of 5th/6th March

eimearoc
I will do a walk Jackie x

Re: HOW FAR COULD WE ALL GO? Let's see on the weekend of 5th/6th March

Thanks Eimear xxx