Grey 3 oar amount of flex question

TimP
This post was updated on .
Hi

I rowed at four and then three today using the grey/PB oars doing similar drills and noticed that the three oar has a lot of flex when compared to the four, it was noticeable and perhaps needs a closer look.

Maybe worth taking a spare three if racing next weekend.....

Kind regards

Tim
Super-vet and new for 2019 “Master” 🤗

Re: Grey 3 oar amount of flex question

TimP
Note it is the three oar that has the flex not four, sorry
Super-vet and new for 2019 “Master” 🤗

Re: Grey 3 oar amount of flex question

MtB⚓️
Thanks Tim
I’ll put them on the flex jig next week.

Re: Grey 3 oar amount of flex question

Hi Tim, I set up both oars side by side on the trestles, I couldn’t reproduce any significant difference, nor hear or see any damage.
Did it occur when the back down then row on drill was being carried out? I don’t like that exercise as it strains everything too much.
We’ll monitor it going forward and if it loosens up or gets worse let me know.
MtB