Great River Race (GRR) 2019 - Endurance Race - Saturday 14 September 2019

Great River Race (GRR) 2019 - Endurance Race - Saturday 14 September 2019

Paula Bray
The Great River Race this year will take place on 14 September.  This is the first post on the subject to gauge interest from adult members who would wish to take part.

The Race is a 21.6 mile course from Docklands to Ham and is a very exciting and colourful event.  It is not however for the feint hearted and can be at least three hours of tough rowing.

If you want to find out more then please access the GRR 2019 website - https://www.greatriverrace.co.uk/.

The cost for entry this year is £69.50 per adult inc. cox & passenger.  (NB there may be a boat for older experienced juniors but that will be posted separately once agreed)*. The closing date for entries is early August but we need to start planning now so that crews can get out together in the summer. There will also ultimately be the cost of boat transport, river towing for the plastic gigs (if required), personal transport to London as well as a regatta fee. The plan in previous years has been to share transport with Langstone Cutters across the harbour and organise a coach. We will update on that in due course.

We have agreed for previous years that we can fill up to three boats (Heart, Islander & C Shel to be confirmed) but each boat must have an experienced cox or rotating coxes (approved by the committee), 6 rowers (some of who must be experienced) and the rules dictate that each boat must carry one passenger although rotation into row is permitted.

There is also a requirement for each boat to be towed to London in advance - so please post if you are also willing to tow.

If you would like to be considered for a crew then please add your name below by Sunday 23.6.19 so that the committee can start to put crews together.  Please do not sign up as a crew - whilst the committee will try to put out competitive or social teams depending on what our members indicate the decision will rest with the committee.

So for now, please post if you would like to take part and indicate if you wish to be competitive and go for Silver or if you would prefer to do it for 'fun'.

Regards,

Paula
On behalf of the Rowing Committee

Re: Great River Race (GRR) 2019 - Endurance Race - Saturday 14 September 2019

simon sprackling
Jax and i are in . happy to tow would like to be in a strong crew to beat last years time
Simon s

Re: Great River Race (GRR) 2019 - Endurance Race - Saturday 14 September 2019

Fionna Pullen
yes please x

Re: Great River Race (GRR) 2019 - Endurance Race - Saturday 14 September 2019

Patrick W
Yes please Paula,

Regards Patrick

Re: Great River Race (GRR) 2019 - Endurance Race - Saturday 14 September 2019

David Bence
Yes please

Re: Great River Race (GRR) 2019 - Endurance Race - Saturday 14 September 2019

Me in some format - whether rowing or coxing.

Re: Great River Race (GRR) 2019 - Endurance Race - Saturday 14 September 2019

Martin N. please

Re: Great River Race (GRR) 2019 - Endurance Race - Saturday 14 September 2019

Kimberley
I would lile to do this again either as competitive or for fun

Re: Great River Race (GRR) 2019 - Endurance Race - Saturday 14 September 2019

Russ Waite
Yes please Paula,competitive if possible,
But happies to go with the flow,
Cheeers,
Russ

Re: Great River Race (GRR) 2019 - Endurance Race - Saturday 14 September 2019

Mark Brownjohn
Would love to row either fun or other please.
Mark

Re: Great River Race (GRR) 2019 - Endurance Race - Saturday 14 September 2019

Lee Farquhar
Yes please for competitive.
Cheers

Re: Great River Race (GRR) 2019 - Endurance Race - Saturday 14 September 2019

Will have to be a "maybe" as I'm not sure now if I will be able to make it.

Re: Great River Race (GRR) 2019 - Endurance Race - Saturday 14 September 2019

They need to change the date - on holiday - again!!!! 😫😫😫😫

Re: Great River Race (GRR) 2019 - Endurance Race - Saturday 14 September 2019

Hello, Derek ward here (not Mary) . I'm fairly new to this rowing game but would like to have a go at this if at all possible, social/ fun. Thanks.

Re: Great River Race (GRR) 2019 - Endurance Race - Saturday 14 September 2019

HutchinsonC001
If possible the fun row please. Claire

Re: Great River Race (GRR) 2019 - Endurance Race - Saturday 14 September 2019

There is a committee meeting next week - so good to have all interest registered by that point please.

Paula

Re: Great River Race (GRR) 2019 - Endurance Race - Saturday 14 September 2019

Zoe R
Hi Paula, can you put me down as a maybe, I’m waiting to hear if my Uni reunion is on that weekend or not but would love to row if I’m available. Cheers, Zoë 💙

Re: Great River Race (GRR) 2019 - Endurance Race - Saturday 14 September 2019

Brian
After the row to Dell Quay i am ready to go , happy to row cox or share in any crew .