Exciting News! 'The LPGC Summer League is Here' Entry is now Closed

Exciting News! 'The LPGC Summer League is Here' Entry is now Closed

Greg Tutt
This post was updated on .
With limited opportunities to compete against other clubs this summer, we are very excited to announce that we will be introducing our very own LPGC Summer League to be rowed in our home waters.

The Format

The basic format is to have crews competing against each other, “Head to Head”, between June 1st and September 30th over a distance from Marker to Sweare Deep.

Eligibility

Open to all LPGC members who feel they can commit to training, have a good fitness level and are able to race the distance as defined below.

Categories

Based on the uptake, we are proposing three leagues in the following categories:

• Men’s
• Ladies
• Mixed

Please let us know your preference when responding to this post.

Races

The number of races will depend on the take up in each category. As a guide we think crews will race approximately 6 times over the summer. We expect these races to be scheduled outside of normal weekend rowing times. Races will be coordinated by the appointed Crew Captains at a convenient time for both crews.

League Table & Points System

Like any other league there will be a league table and points will be awarded as follows:

• Win- 2 points
• Draw- 1 point
• Loss- 0 points

Once all crews have completed their fixtures there will be a winner. We hope to be able to have a prize giving event in October to celebrate the winners of each category.

The Course

The course will be a straight-line course from Marker to Sweare Deep. This provides a good test of racing, is similar to a regatta distance and water is always available.

Crew Selection

The Club Captains will select mixed ability crews based on fit in the boat and training availability times. There will not be an A Team, B Team, C Team etc… Depending on the take up, Crews may have greater than 6 rowers and therefore there will be some crew rotation required.

Crew Captain

Each crew will select their own Captain. They will be responsible for all things crew related, training, arranging fixtures, etc... A full briefing will be provided to the appointed Captains where there will be an explanation of the league rules, procedures and to ensure we operate COVID safe racing.

What next?

So, if you would like to be considered for a crew then please post below and include your preferred:

• Race category
• General training times availability (Early morning, evening, etc)
• Rowing position (stroke/bow)

The closing date to be considered for a crew will be Sunday 23rd May.

We look forward seeing you on the water for some exciting racing very soon!!!!

LPGC Committee

Re: Exciting News! 'The LPGC Summer League is Here'

sharon
Hi Greg

I would like
Ladies and mixed if possible
Early morning is good
Stroke side please

Thank you
Sharon

Sent from my iPhone

On 12 May 2021, at 11:44, Greg Tutt [via Langstone Pilot Gig Club] <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

http://langstone-pilot-gig-club.46974.x6.nabble.com/Exciting-News-The-LPGC-Summer-League-is-Here-tp63958.html
To unsubscribe from Langstone Pilot Gig Club, click here.

Re: Exciting News! 'The LPGC Summer League is Here'

Roo Lynton-Evans
Hi Greg,

Sounds exciting - would love to be involved.

Happy to be considered for Mens and/or Mixed, happy on either stroke or bow side, availability is generally good for mornings and evenings.

Thanks

Roo

Re: Exciting News! 'The LPGC Summer League is Here'

Sounds a great idea to keep the club members competitive and racing throughout the Summer!
Well done for getting all this together.
I would be happy to cox in these events.
Jackie

Re: Exciting News! 'The LPGC Summer League is Here'

Jon P
Hi Greg,

Great idea, would love to get involved please!

Happy to be considered for Mens and/or Mixed; wherever I can gain the most experience. I don’t mind stroke or bow side, my availability is good mornings & evenings.

Re: Exciting News! 'The LPGC Summer League is Here'

Sounds a great idea ! I would be really happy to cox.

Re: Exciting News! 'The LPGC Summer League is Here'

Hannah Barrow
This sounds great. Really keen to get involved.

Would love to row in a ladies crew but also more than happy to join a mixed crew. Happy to row either stroke or bow as needed.

Availability usually pretty good early mornings or evening.

Thanks

Hannah

Re: Exciting News! 'The LPGC Summer League is Here'

ChrisEllis
Hi Greg,

I'm in. Whatever crew I'm eligible for! Stroke side preferred but happy to row bowside if required. Availability is flexible with enough notice (and of course work permitting).

Cheers,

Chris

Re: Exciting News! 'The LPGC Summer League is Here'

Clair Fennessy
Thanks looks good.
I’m avail early mornings and some evenings.
Any side and seat is fine
Jez

Re: Exciting News! 'The LPGC Summer League is Here'

Jez
Morning,
would like to be considered for mixed and/or  men,
can row either side
evening for a training row
if looking for captains happy to take on this role for one of the teams
Jez

Re: Exciting News! 'The LPGC Summer League is Here'

Brian
Love the concept, happy to cox any crew as required .

Re: Exciting News! 'The LPGC Summer League is Here'

Nicki B
I’d love to try this please - bow side if possible 😊

Re: Exciting News! 'The LPGC Summer League is Here'

Ladies and/or Mixed
Stroke or bowside (5,6,2 preferred)
Can train anytime.
Also happy to cox races.

Re: Exciting News! 'The LPGC Summer League is Here'

Sheila Tidd
Great idea.  I would like to do ladies or mixed. I prefer bow side but am happy to do either.

Re: Exciting News! 'The LPGC Summer League is Here'

Hi sounds good - mixed might be interesting for a change but happy in ladies too - can do early or some evenings.  Nornally row bow side but could do stroke. 5 or 6 preferred.

Re: Exciting News! 'The LPGC Summer League is Here'

Rachel Norris
Sounds great. I would be keen to do ladies or mixed or both. I'm available most evenings and early mornings except early morning Mon-Wed in term time.  Usually row stroke side but happy on bow side too. Happy to cox too if needed to fill in.
Rachel

Re: Exciting News! 'The LPGC Summer League is Here'

Lance
Thanks Greg. Men’s or mixed, early morning, bow side please.

Re: Exciting News! 'The LPGC Summer League is Here'

Caron
Hi Greg,

Mixed or Ladies please. Early mornings or evenings. Position 2 if at all possible.

Thank you 😊

Re: Exciting News! 'The LPGC Summer League is Here'

Mike Lowery
Hi sounds fun.
Like to be involved mixed team ok   Anything available really.

Mike Lowery

Re: Exciting News! 'The LPGC Summer League is Here'

Richard B
Yes please sounds great.

Purely from a time commitment perspective I think men's only at this stage, but if need to make up numbers for mixed then mixed too, and I will try to juggle.

Preference is early mornings, but can do the occasional evening too.

Cheers Richard
123