Evening training sessions

Chris Partridge
Administrator
Hi all,
We need to get a training schedule organised for evenings in the week. What evenings would be best? I suspect Wednesdays and Fridays will be out. How do you feel about Mondays for men and Tuesdays for women, both at 18.00?
We now have dollies for launching from the north slipway, but we discovered today that there was not enough water to get out. Clearly we will have to take boats to the main slipway some evenings, but I am sure we can make arrangements for that.
Ideas please!
Chris

Re: Evening training sessions

Mike Gilbert
Hi all - personally, I tend to have rehearsals for HMS on Mondays and Thursdays; therefore Tuesdays and Wednesdays are best for me to get out and help with coaching and rowing. Mike

Re: Evening training sessions

Alan Harding
Mondays to Thursday OK with me. Tuesday would be perfect if a choice.

Re: Evening training sessions

Hi Chris, it is going to be hard to get people on weekday evenings,most members seem from my experience so far to be available for early mornings at weekends but this may not be a good fit for coaching but worth doing to get teams together and test positions etc .Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays is best for me.  Brian

Re: Evening training sessions

Jonathan Rowlands
Hi Chris
Are the training sessions you are suggesting for Scillies rowers, or for all?

Re: Evening training sessions

Chris Partridge
Administrator
These are for all. We are trying to establish regular evening sessions so squads can get out in week, especially as the regatta season comes along.

Re: Evening training sessions

Natalie
Chris I work away from home during the week but try to be at home Thurs, Friday so those evenings suit me best... but appreciate that you cannot please all the people all the time!
So if it falls that way great.

Re: Evening training sessions

Chris Partridge
Administrator
This is an attempt to gauge interest in evening training sessions. Most gig clubs do them, but I suspect the further west you go the closer members live/work so it may be easier for them.
Anyway, so far Tues and Thurs seem to be the popular options.
Come on everyone - let's here your preferences!
Chris

Re: Evening training sessions

Jonathan Rowlands
Thanks Chris.
Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays are best for me.  However, I'm afraid 6pm will be too early for me with getting home from work, but could make 6.30pm.

Re: Evening training sessions

Errolg
Hi All,

I am working away during the week on occassion so I am happy to work around the majority choice and fit in wherever possible! We really do need to get this squad training done, so with enough notice I will be able make every effort to be available.

Re: Evening training sessions

Marion
Hi Chris, I don't get back from work until about 6.30 - 6.45 so can't commit to anything before 7pm apart from Wednesdays which is normally my day off. Any good?

Re: Evening training sessions

Martin
Hi Chris,

I tend to work from home Monday, Wednesday and Fridays so any of these days are good for me.

Martin

Re: Evening training sessions

We'll try and fit in with any night.

Re: Evening training sessions

Hi Chris - I can do Wed, Thurs or Fridays - Mondays  and tuesdays are out for me.

Re: Evening training sessions

Jenny Munns
Hi Chris

I work different shifts every week, so most evenings are ok with me as could make it some of the time, although Fridays are often good.

Thanks
Jenny