Easter Monday Row

Eithne
So we were chatting this morning and keen to do another row to keep the Scillies training going. Plan is to row at 1030 Monday morning. Natalie has kindly offered to tow so need to meet in the boat park at 1015 at the latest.

Current rowers:
Adam

Anyone else up for it? If possible good to have as Scillies training but let me know if you fancy it either way and let's see what we can sort.

Thanks a mil

Re: Easter Monday Row

Andrew & Debbie B
Well if you're short of a cox I'll do it......unless Brian or Robina want to

Re: Easter Monday Row

Andrew & Debbie B
and now Debbie says she will row too if u need her - that'll be 4 days in a row for her . AB

Re: Easter Monday Row

Sorry hon - duty calls!  C u  in Weymouth and tell Natalie that was the best hot cross bun I have had in YEARS!  Happy Easter!

Re: Easter Monday Row

Hi Eithne, Katherine will be there on Monday.
Have fun

Re: Easter Monday Row

Alan Harding
Hi Ethnie,

Yes I'd be up for this too please.

Thanks,

Alan

Re: Easter Monday Row

Adam
Yep I'm in for half 10! :-)
Club Chairman

Re: Easter Monday Row

Shelley
I can come too if needed. Let me know...

Shel

Re: Easter Monday Row

Eithne
So I have a plan - shocking to you all I know - outlined below is starting position for us tomorrow (keeping in view scillies positions) and we can then rotate as needed. Should help us get off the water a little quicker. Feel free to tell me to back off!

So crew for tomorrow 10.30 is:

Cox : Andrew (you kindly offered)
Stroke : Katherine
5 : Eithne
4 : Natalie
3 : Adam
2 : Debbie
1 : Alan H
Passenger : Shelley (cheeky I know but hoping you can watch us initially and give some coaching
techniques and then rotate in to row)

Happy Easter all, see those rowing in the morning. Remember we need to get the boat from the park so please meet latest 10.15 to get the boat. I'll get there for 10 to get the key.

Thanks a mil

Re: Easter Monday Row

Marion
Been away for a day and a half without a computer and it appears I have 'missed the boat' as it were! Have a good row and catch up with you all in Weymouth.

Re: Easter Monday Row

Hi all thanks for a good, taxing, albeit brass monkeys freezing row today!
Shelley many thanks for coaching tips very good ones indeed!  I suggest more for all Scillys crew is vital.
Eithne hope you are feeling better in time for work tomorrow ;-)  and don't worry Shelley held up your end of the bargain regarding working us HARD!

Nx

Re: Easter Monday Row

Shelley
Hey all

Loved this morning. I had a fab row, found bow in HoH very comfy indeed and was able to get a good powerful stroke in (that does NOT make me a bow rower!! Just before anyone gets any ideas).

Then was able to practice my new "Oxford Coxing" and everyone worked fabulously hard as a result. Tenacious... Relentless...

Shel x

Re: Easter Monday Row

Andrew & Debbie B
Shelley,
Thanks again for all that intensive coaching, we learnt so much, and have been practising the pop up toaster
technique quite a lot since we got home.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/9964232/BBC-apologises-for-Oxford-coxs-bad-language-during-Boat-Race.html

I've justfound this on the internet
MAKE EACH STROKE BETTER THAN THE PREVIOUS ONE

A&D