Damage to Spirits two position foot stretcher

Damage to Spirits two position foot stretcher

TimP
The stretcher broke at the Regatta yesterday and a temporary fix has been put in place utilising a stretcher from Heart that has been taped to give support. I am sure tat there is a plan in place but just in case I have posted this.

It is also relevant to the Heart re fit

Tim

Re: Damage to Spirits two position foot stretcher

MtB⚓️
Thanks Tim, I heard on the jungle drums about the stretcher, it's best to chuck it up on the GG page as it's easier to track.
I'll look at it on Thursday, HOH donation is fine, thanks for the info.
Matt

Re: Damage to Spirits two position foot stretcher

Patrick W
All concerned!!
                            Unfortunately I not only managed to snap the streacher in two but the lever action as it broke snapped the streacher socket on the bow side as well. Les managed to do a temporary repair for the short term but it wont last for a prolonged row.

Sorry for all the trouble, I will pop over to the Unit on Wednesday night to we what's being done about it

Regards Patrick

Re: Damage to Spirits two position foot stretcher

Don't worry Patrick, I'll be down on Thursday to fix it, have a look for the pieces if you can.
Matt

Re: Damage to Spirits two position foot stretcher

Patrick W
Hi Matt,
           Thanks for that, all the bits are still there, it was a case of taping or screwing them into position as a temporary fix.

Regards Patrick

Re: Damage to Spirits two position foot stretcher

;)

Re: Damage to Spirits two position foot stretcher

simon sprackling
hi Matt
i found the perfect bit of hardwood for the stretcher . I have cut off the tape off and put replacement wood with the broken stretcher in the container it needs cutting to length . (carpentry  not my forte )
regards
Simon

Have made a new stretcher  . proof will be in the using .?!
will drop back tonight

Re: Damage to Spirits two position foot stretcher

TimP
Hi Simon

Is Spirit ready to row tonight?

Cheers

Tim

Re: Damage to Spirits two position foot stretcher

simon sprackling
subject to the new stretcher fitting yes . or another roll of gaffer tape

Re: Damage to Spirits two position foot stretcher

Spirit can be rowed but not with a stretcher in that position.
It's a bit more involved to repair it, I'll set it next week. In the mean time you'll need to borrow a stretcher and use a different slot.
Matt

Re: Damage to Spirits two position foot stretcher

TimP
Simon can we do that as the ladies are hoping to row Spirit this evening, I can get there 6pm to help?

Re: Damage to Spirits two position foot stretcher

I've fixed it with one of Heart's stretchers, stop press, Simon made a new one too! Great job, I'll shape it some more and paint it next week when the slit gets repaired.
Matt

Re: Damage to Spirits two position foot stretcher

I'll be taking the stretcher away again this week when it's not in use.

Re: Damage to Spirits two position foot stretcher

I've fixed the wooden block that secures the stretcher, epoxied and st/st screwed it. I'll fill the countersunk holes atop later.
The stretcher has been softened up on the edges, I'll replace it Weds b4 the popular evening sessions.

Re: Damage to Spirits two position foot stretcher

Matt, it all sounds very technical - but huge thanks again!