Coaches Nightmare!!

Errolg
Hello fellow members,

This is the first morning that I have not woken at 5 something o'clock for many months! (It takes time to warm up these days)

Previously it was the weather that was putting paid to our effort to get on the water in preparation for the season ahead. Now we are in the midst of COVID-19! The result of which means that we as a rowing club, and the wider community have to practice a behaviour that goes against the grain and "socially distance" ourselves!

 This is obviously a coaches nightmare!

There are obviously many more important things to think about than rowing during such unprecedented times. Its great to see how in various ways the community, including the Government, is now pulling together to get help to where its most needed. At one point yesterday when my wife told me that her place of work was closing down due to the situation I did wonder what was next. But then the Government stepped up and helped take the sting out of the earlier news! :-) I hope that news has also helped many of you out there too.

The previous weather difficulties have meant that the on water coaching sessions have had to be a bit adhoc in order to catch up with the plan. Obviously now they are not going to take place for some time!

At some point normality will resume and we will be able to return to the water and with that in mind we need to do what ever we can to keep our fitness levels up as best we can. That is easier said than now that gyms have been ordered shut but that is not an excuse. You are still allowed to get out into the open air walking, running cycling, etc etc.

Obviously you need to practice social distancing, but don't let all that winter training go totally to waste!

As a "glass half full" type person I have no doubt that we will get through this and we will be able to come together and enjoy what is for many of us a very important part of our social lives.

I wish you all good luck and good health over the coming weeks! x

Cheers

Club Coach

Re: Coaches Nightmare!!

Kath
Well said Errol 🥰🥰

Re: Coaches Nightmare!!

Errolg
Thanks Kath,

I hope all is well for you and Brian.

E xx

Re: Coaches Nightmare!!

Sheila Tidd
Well Sid Errol
I've just been for a bike ride.  The little cafe at the ferry boat is still serving bacon rolls and coffee!
Sheila

Sent from my iPad

On 21 Mar 2020, at 11:38, Errolg [via Langstone Pilot Gig Club] <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

http://langstone-pilot-gig-club.46974.x6.nabble.com/Coaches-Nightmare-tp61685.html
To start a new topic under Langstone Pilot Gig Club, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Langstone Pilot Gig Club, click here.

Re: Coaches Nightmare!!

Errolg
Well DONE Sheila

Re: Coaches Nightmare!!

Emma Walton
Well done Errol ! These are strange times and it’s good to stay in touch 😊 x

Re: Coaches Nightmare!!

Errol honey! Very odd to have time on a Saturday for a lie in without any other commitments - Molly and I have cycled too today - also very odd and my bike somewhat creaky or was that just me?!

Spirits up all - am sure we can adapt until the time is right to get back in a boat!

Paula x

Re: Coaches Nightmare!!

Lance
Thanks Errol and all the best to you. I’ve resolved to run every day til this is over - 5 days done. I’ll return looking like a slidey seat cox!

Re: Coaches Nightmare!!

Errolg
Absolutely Emma,

I’m not the best with social media so I’m going to get on the bike before they pull the plug and possibly go to a full lock down!

E x

Re: Coaches Nightmare!!

Errolg
Paula,

Well done to you and Molly and I hope Paul gets his bike out too! By the way, I’m sure it’s the bike creaking not you!

I have started cycling to work which I am pleased to see will continue as my school will remain open. Yippee!

By the time we get going again on the water maybe even I will be ‘ready to row!’  🤗

Stay safe.

E xx

Re: Coaches Nightmare!!

Errolg
Well Done Lance,

I know how determined you are so I have no doubt that you will keep it up 👍🏽

Stay safe mate.

Re: Coaches Nightmare!!

I’m going to be doing some online low impact workouts compliments of the Body Coach .....  was so looking forward  to returning to rowing  this Easter after a few months enforced rest, but will have to wait a little longer! Xxxx stay safe everyone! Xx

Re: Coaches Nightmare!!

Jane Cox
🙌 well said Errol!!!

Now starting week 6 of social distancing & being at home (not counting my 1 weekend of freedom a couple of weeks back)....

On the positive side, my health is back where it needs to be so I can use this time to build up my fitness again... which I need to do to boost my immune system back into action whilst all this is going on.

So #day1homefit started well. Tabata workout in the garden having just done day 1 of couch to 5k with Ruby 🐶 (which was also like an agility session as she’s not quite understood the need to stay on one side 🙈)

Love to all

Re: Coaches Nightmare!!

Clair Fennessy
Contrary to some posts I’m afraid the advice is most definitely not do any form of fitness outside or inside with a personal trainer or coach. The advice from the top of the fitness profession ecosystem is to run cycle etc either on your own or with the people you live with. Please don’t attend any fitness sessions. Hoping you all keep your fitness up and make the best of the time we have before exercise outside is banned x
Jez

Re: Coaches Nightmare!!

Jez
Errol,

Hope you are well, rest assured will keep training as much as we can, going to dust the cobwebs of the water rower and do some bodyweight stuff. Lucky  I have a wide range of children at different weights to keep up on the back squats workout.

See you on the water soon

Jez
Jez