🧚🏻‍♀️CREW LIST, no drop outs please due to keeping full gigs👣 Next Bosun’s Row, RIVER ARUN

🧚🏻‍♀️CREW LIST, no drop outs please due to keeping full gigs👣 Next Bosun’s Row, RIVER ARUN

Weather looks good for this outreach row, bring warm clothes to slowly remove as required...
Don’t forget money for row, pint in pub, refreshments, sandwiches, clothes for a turn not rowing etc...

CREW LIST:
Rough selection within each gig, No6 to refine as required.

Cox 6,5,4,3,2,1, pax for part of row

CShel, Andy B, Ben, Adam, MtB, Si S, Si H, Lee Farquhar, no pax

Islander, Brian, Emma, Sheila, Lizzy, Jax, Mandy B, Claire H, pax Mandy K

HoH, Steve W, Patrick, Chris B, Jane C, Kimmy, Jon P, Jane B no pax

SoL, Rachel, Aileen, Paula, Nat, Martin N, Robina, Tina, pax Carole D

Please let me know if I have made any mistakes, joining info and rides to follow.

The (in)famous Bosun’s rows will soon be moving east along the coast to Littlehampton and up the Arun towards Amberley Castle and back to Littlehampton.
Date Sun 17th, 10 am for 10:30 departure from Hayling, ride shares on separate post

The row is a precursor to a bigger event in the summer with all Arundle civic trimmings arranged kindly by Lee Farquhar. Other eastern clubs such as ECA, London Cornish, Lewis and Newhaven shall be invited.

For now, I’d like to probe up the river Arun to see how the conditions are before committing to a full on rally,
So I need some brave volunteers, with a spirit of adventure to help me to bring this together.

The plan is to tow the gigs and launch them at Littlehampton then leave the trailers there.

Message from Littlehampton Dep Harbour Master
“ Hi Matt, That's great news - we'd love to see more row boats on the Arun!“

I’ll need posts below:
Four accomplished GRR or HRR cox’s
24+ rain or shine rowers.
Support driver in case we don’t get as far as our ambition or someone falls in.

Register your interest, we have a brilliant team that always pulls off a great rowing event so come and be a part of it.

Please find me on the maintenance weekends for a further chat.

MtB

Cox’s:
Andrew B
Kimmy ½ / ½
Jackie ½ / ½
Brian

Rowers:
Simon S
Jax S
Robina
Chris B
Emma
MtB
Patrick
Sheila
Simon H
Lee Farquhar
Tina
Jon P
Kimmy row/cox
Ben(maybe tow?)
Jane
Claire H
Steve W
Nat
Paula
Mandy B
Aileen
Carol D
Mandy K
Lizzy
Adam
Martin N
Jane B
Rachel

Reserves:
1.
2.

Towers:
1. Simon S
2. MtB
3. Steve
4. Nat

Driver support:
1.

Re: 👣 Next Bosun’s Row, exploratory mission

jax sprackling
Simon and I would love to join you on your mission, Simon happy to tow, I think we can make all Sundays. Thanks Jax

Re: 👣 Next Bosun’s Row, exploratory mission

Emma Walton
Yes please MtB I’m just about recovered from the Dell Quay adventure ! 😆x

Re: 👣 Next Bosun’s Row, exploratory mission

Yes please for us both.
Obviously can't do Maintenance weekends.

Robina and Chris

Re: 👣 Next Bosun’s Row, exploratory mission

Me please Mtb

Re: 👣 Next Bosun’s Row, exploratory mission

Brian
Hi Matt, Yes please, Having done this before from Littlehampton to the Black Rabbit at Arundel you need to select a good incoming tide at the departure point

Re: 👣 Next Bosun’s Row, exploratory mission

sharon
Hi Matt
Please count me in happy to cox and or row ( mixture would be good )

Sent from my iPhone

On 30 Oct 2019, at 10:00, MtB⚓️ [via Langstone Pilot Gig Club] <[hidden email]> wrote:

 The (in)famous Bosun’s rows will soon be moving east along the coast to Littlehampton and up the Arun to Amberley Castle!
Date TBC in next 5 weeks.

The row is a precursor to a bigger event in the summer with all Arundle civic trimmings arranged kindly by Lee Farquhar. Other eastern clubs such as ECA, London Cornish, Lewis and Newhaven shall be invited.

For now, I’d like to probe up the river Arun to see how the conditions are before committing to a full on rally,
So I need some brave volunteers, with a spirit of adventure to help me to bring this together.

The plan is to tow the gigs and launch them at Littlehampton, then take the cars and trailers to Amberley and get a lift back to Littlehampton.

I’ll need posts below:
Two accomplished GRR or HRR cox’s
12 rain or shine rowers (please state the weekend(Sunday) dates you cannot make in the next 5 weeks.)
Support driver in case we don’t get as far as Amberley.
Register your interest, we have a great team that always pulls off a great rowing event so come and be a part of it.

Please find me on the maintenance weekends for a further chat.

http://langstone-pilot-gig-club.46974.x6.nabble.com/Next-Bosun-s-Row-exploratory-mission-tp58346.html
To unsubscribe from Langstone Pilot Gig Club, click here.

Re: 👣 Next Bosun’s Row, exploratory mission

Patrick W
Hi Matt
              Count me in, Lways up for an adventure
Regards Patrick

Re: 👣 Next Bosun’s Row, exploratory mission

Sheila Tidd
That sounds like fun I'd like to join you.

Re: 👣 Next Bosun’s Row, exploratory mission

BevW
Ah gutted... I would have loved to join you (now that I've recovered from the Dell Quay row....) but am not around for 17th/24th Nov or 1st Dec.  If it ends up being another time then I may be able to make it.
Have fun x

Re: 👣 Next Bosun’s Row, exploratory mission

Simon Hughes
Yes please, sounds different!

Yes please

Re: 👣 Next Bosun’s Row, exploratory mission

Hi Matt

Sounds like a great plan!
Happy to be a support driver/row a little/cox a little if required. Around all the weekends apart from maintenance ones.
Jackie

Re: 👣 Next Bosun’s Row, exploratory mission

Tina Way
If there's space, yes please.
Thanks
Tina

Re: 👣 Next Bosun’s Row, exploratory mission, updated to add 3rd Gig!

Thanks for all your support on this row again, I’m going to put on a third gig due to the amazing take up; I’d like another tower as a result.

Re: 👣 Next Bosun’s Row, exploratory mission, updated to add 3rd Gig!

Jon P
Yes please to row

Re: 👣 Next Bosun’s Row, exploratory mission, updated to add 3rd Gig!

Kimberley
Yes please Matt can cox or row
Ben

Re: 👣 Next Bosun’s Row, exploratory mission, updated to add 3rd Gig!

Ben
Hi Matt
I’ll give it a go. Can tow.

Re: 👣 Next Bosun’s Row, exploratory mission, updated to add 3rd Gig!

Jane Cox
Yes please for me Matt... I can’t tow, but I can take passengers in my car

Re: 👣 Next Bosun’s Row, exploratory mission, updated to add 3rd Gig!

Colin McPhee
Dear Matt

I would have loved to come along but Alas I have to slepp all the way to Warrington to Caroline’s life long friends big birthday

If you are thinking of another day please let me know as I am up for it

Best Wishes

Colin McPhee

07793 838261
123