COMING SOON - NEW JUNIOR HANDBOOK FOR 2019

COMING SOON - NEW JUNIOR HANDBOOK FOR 2019

Jackie Tutt
Langstone Pilot Gig Club is introducing what we believe to be the nation’s first structured training syllabus to teach Cornish Pilot Gig rowing to young people aged from 11 upwards. Each rower will receive their own personal 30 page training handbook which is fully illustrated with photographs and details of gig rowing techniques and will include the following categories for training:

1   Parts of a Cornish Pilot Gig
2   Safety Equipment and Boat Etiquette.
3   Personal preparations
4   Preparing the gig for rowing
5   Coxing commands
6   Basic Rowing Technique

Those successfully completing the course of training will be classed as a Competent Junior Rower.

Kath and Perry have worked hard creating this training handbook and we are now really excited to start incorporating this into our training sessions. To cover the cost of printing these handbooks we would ask for a £5 donation towards club funds.

We will hopefully have these ready for this weekend and we can start going through the handbooks with all our existing juniors and then encourage new members to have a go at Gig Rowing!

Jackie x