CALLING ALL CAKE BAKERS! LOTS NEEDED FOR OUR REGATTA

CALLING ALL CAKE BAKERS! LOTS NEEDED FOR OUR REGATTA

Adam
Afternoon all!

With our regatta less than two weeks away we need to ensure we have enough cakes on sale to give all those rowers a lovely sugar boost at our cake and coffee stand. Could I please ask people to post on here if they are able to bake a cake and say what sort of cake it will be (just so we don't have too many lemon drizzles!).

They can be healthy options or naughty treats and the more the merrier

Kimmy and Molly have already generously said they will bake a few different varieties so thank you both for your foward thinking and Lizy will make some chocolate coated flapjacks with brazil nuts.

We are aiming to sell the majority of cakes for £1 so please keep this in mind if you are making cupcakes or cutting up tray bakes as they need to be a good size.

All your help is greatly appreciated!

Happy baking.

AB

Club Chairman

Re: CALLING ALL CAKE BAKERS! LOTS NEEDED FOR OUR REGATTA

robina and chris
I shall do chocolate fudge tray bake approx 20 portions

Re: CALLING ALL CAKE BAKERS! LOTS NEEDED FOR OUR REGATTA

bramleya

I will make a coffee and walnut cake.

Mandy B

Re: CALLING ALL CAKE BAKERS! LOTS NEEDED FOR OUR REGATTA

michelle jones
Girls will do some baking x

Re: CALLING ALL CAKE BAKERS! LOTS NEEDED FOR OUR REGATTA

I will make some kind of healthy flap jack... depending what it looks like - it shall so be christened!
Dark Ginger Sticky Loaves or Carrot Cake

A tip from previous years is that on average most cake items are sold for a £1 please bear this in mind when making cupcakes, or cutting up portions as sometimes they can be less than two mouthfuls, and seem a little unfair.

Adz it may be worth consider adding this to your main post.

Re: CALLING ALL CAKE BAKERS! LOTS NEEDED FOR OUR REGATTA

Adam
Administrator
Sweet cheers Nat have updated the posting.
Club Chairman

Re: CALLING ALL CAKE BAKERS! LOTS NEEDED FOR OUR REGATTA

Paula Bray
Hi - message from Phil Hebblethwaite (Jas's dad).  He is prepared to make a tray bake of carrot cake slices, cut into pieces that can be sold for £1.

Thank you Phil and Martine and to Jason for having such willing parents.

Re: CALLING ALL CAKE BAKERS! LOTS NEEDED FOR OUR REGATTA

Hi Adam
I will make some gooey chocolate brownies - jumbo sized slabs & some flapjack.  I wont be able to make the regatta unfortunately, but will leave the cakes in the clubhouse clearly labelled on Thursday.
Sarah

Re: CALLING ALL CAKE BAKERS! LOTS NEEDED FOR OUR REGATTA

jax sprackling
I will make lemon drizzle tray bake about 20 portions

Re: CALLING ALL CAKE BAKERS! LOTS NEEDED FOR OUR REGATTA

Bex Marshall
Do you want me to make vegan & gluten free roasted veg and hummus wraps to keep those none bbq eaters happy? Or do you have alternatives already planned?  Otherwise will make an orange polenta cake.
Bex

Re: CALLING ALL CAKE BAKERS! LOTS NEEDED FOR OUR REGATTA

Ali Copeland
I will make carrot cake with lemon frosting
Ali Copeland

Re: CALLING ALL CAKE BAKERS! LOTS NEEDED FOR OUR REGATTA

Bruce Irwin
I have been asked to make flapjacks but I see lots above (!) so will make a big cake of some sort.  Sadly I am away on Saturday but will make sure Bruce brings it along.  Hope you all have a great day! Susanna

Re: CALLING ALL CAKE BAKERS! LOTS NEEDED FOR OUR REGATTA

Ephillips
I will make something :)- will decide what nearer the time!

Re: CALLING ALL CAKE BAKERS! LOTS NEEDED FOR OUR REGATTA

Adam
Administrator
Thank you everyone for being such legends! All the cakes will go down a storm

Keep em coming if you want to get baking!

And Bex if you stick to the cake idea for now and I'll ask head chef what he's thinking with regards to vegan/gluten free food options.

Ta,

AB
Club Chairman

Re: CALLING ALL CAKE BAKERS! LOTS NEEDED FOR OUR REGATTA

eimearoc
Hey Adam,

I am not a baker, but I will buy a selection of cakes,

Thanks

Eimear

Re: CALLING ALL CAKE BAKERS! LOTS NEEDED FOR OUR REGATTA

Adam
Administrator
Eimear that's cheating....

Get Wes in the kitchen to whip up a little something!!
Club Chairman

Re: CALLING ALL CAKE BAKERS! LOTS NEEDED FOR OUR REGATTA