Just to keep you in the loop, recent progress on C Shel listed below:
23/03 MRSC has said it’s fine to leave her as is.
21/03 C Shel has been Covid.....doh
At some time we’ll have to move her from MRSC, so if I get 30 people on scuba sets we can do this, if not then she stays safe where she is.
• Old sacrificial keel band removed, underlying keel made good and primed.
• New keel band arrived, 3 stainless welds and grinding to be carried out.
• Water line will be laser levelled in tonight, in the dark, blue undercoat on the remaining hull will be applied tomorrow, then two coats of topcoat.
• Antifoul will be applied at the end of the week
• Two new cleats have arrived for the mooring terminations, along with a flagstaff holder to bolt onto the stern locker.
• Below steps delayed until April
• Rollover then straight onto the trailer and up north!
• I’ll need some help to clear up the Black Shed after the lift out.
Thank you Matt and team of helpers ,In recent years C Shel has probably covered more miles than any other of our gigs within the club , not only introducing hundreds of rowers to our sport but winning races on the way. She deserves all the love and attention you have kindly given to her. Cant wait to see her back in action .